Photo

Floaties: New preset and tutorial from QubaHQ

after effects tutorial text animator preset download free expressions particles QubaHQ

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 q3c

q3c

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you heads up on the new preset and tutorial I have just released on QubaHQ.

Posted Image

In this tutorial I will demonstrate the use of a new free preset from QubaHQ.com – Floaties. Floaties is a text animator based fake particle simulator allowing you to create floating specs of dust, glitters, bokeh-style out of focus abstract backgrounds and other visual elements. It attempts to emulate some of the basic behavior found in Trapcode Particular, providing limited, but free alternative to that popular plugin (as long as you are going for a certain visual style).

Running time: 51min
Difficulty: Easy
Required tools: After Effects

The tutorial can be found at:
http://qubahq.com/20...orial-floaties/
Posted Image

#2 dotcommer

dotcommer

MoGraph Megastar

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Interests: Compositing
    Motion Graphics

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

Excellent preset. I think I'd actually use this along side particular. Particular is so complicated, that unless you're making something very involved with it, its not worth it to tweak the settings for something simple like this, and I think this is where the preset shines. Thanks for offering alternatives to more expensive, high end software!

#3 q3c

q3c

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

My pleasure. Glad to see people enjoying this thing :)
Posted Image

#4 rato

rato

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Motion Graphics Designer Aspirant. Learn to love about cool stuff !

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

Pretty cool, will give it a shot!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: after effects, tutorial, text, animator, preset, download, free, expressions, particles, QubaHQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users