Photo

Any ideas on how to create a realistic Ring fro Saturn with C4D and mograph?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John D

John D

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

Any ideas on how to create a realistic Ring fro Saturn with C4D and mograph?
I need to make a realistic ring. I can make random pieces and make a belt? Is there
a better and easier way to do this with mograph or particles? Figured I
would try something new.

#2 Mylenium

Mylenium

Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph

• Members
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:cycling, music, Sci-Fi

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

Which ring? There are multiple different types of rings around any such planet, ranging from dust to ice particles to larger debris. Saturn alone has 5 primary rings and several lesser ones additionally, some of which only show up in non-visible light bands. so which one is it to be? How is the scene set up? Chances are you are overcomplicating and in doing so will not be pleased with the result at all. anyway, the simplest solution using MoGraph would bea cloner based on a circle spline with random clones and a random effector for some subtle motion. Beyond that, I could think of a million otehr ways using volume lights, mapped geometry, TP.... Really depends on how close you ever get and what specific look you need...

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]
----------------------------------------------
www.myleniumblog.com

#3 mshadis

mshadis

MoGraph Regular

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

Yeah I'm saying that you need to figure your scale first. Get a handle on some reference photos and figure out how close you want to get. For a wide shot of the whole planet you should be able to easily get away with a custom shader onto a disc. For a closer shot you will likely want to combine several techniques in compositing as it will be too nuts to try and render the zillion rocks and chunks of ice that make up even a small close up of one of the rings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users