Stop Alito

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_christianchoice_*

Guest_christianchoice_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:50 PM

yeah, i was kind of worried because i wasn't able to check out the author, thanks for pointing that out....so here is another article showing that not all slaves were mistreated during the time those "18th century" guys wrote the constituion:

http://afroamhistory...nialslavery.htm

i think this will be my last post, because this thread has gone WAAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic. due largely in part to me. so i will bow out. not because i don't think i'm right, but i am just tired of arguing.... this board is about art, not politics and i have learned my lesson. you guys win!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Edited by christianchoice, 31 January 2006 - 02:51 PM.

#62 Guest_Beaver_*

Guest_Beaver_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:51 PM

Is your mograph too gay?
Redeem it with:

http://www.studio1pr...s/worship-2.htm
http://www.visualwor.../vw-189-mpg.htm
http://www.gmanvideo.com/Worship30.htm
http://www.imagevine...lib-preload.htm

View Post

LOL you have no idea how many of these I have seen in use.

#63 Guest_atslopes_*

Guest_atslopes_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

Read Forum Rules
These are the forum rules:

1) No spamming

2) No appwars, platform wars, political crap, etc. Really folks, it's boring.

3) Mimimize 'me too' posts and other pointless crap.

4) Use the appropriate forums for your posts and follow forum rules.

5) Don't be an asshole.

and last but not least

6) Have a sense of humour ;P

Thanks, :D :D

#64 Guest_scott frizzle_*

Guest_scott frizzle_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:35 PM

I think Govinda & Jimmy Carter said it best.

View Post

[/quote]

Indeed. I think all these discussions amount to religious arguments, which notoriously go nowhere. Everyone has their religion, whether it be divine or secular, and they all have similar traits. Try convincing a born again Christian there is no God. Nothing you say will matter; no opinion or facts will persuade him. He believes what he believes, period. Trying to convince most liberals or conservatives that there are inherent flaws in there belief systems will get you the same results. The teams have been chosen. It's not about facts, it's about faith. I know that many political groups claim an intellectual high ground, as if their belief system is based on reality and facts while the other idiots are either evil bastards or mindless sheep, but this is garbage. In most cases the "facts" are simply opinions of others that reinforce what is already believed.

Now, on rare occasions, people are actually willing to listen to each other and consider the possibility that their opponent is intelligent and has actually put effort and thought into arriving at their viewpoint. These discussions are great because you almost always learn something, even if you don't change your basic position. Unfortunately, the current political climate polarizes everything and makes this kind of discussion nearly impossible.

As far as Alito goes, if something bothers you about the whole thing, do your homework. By that I don't mean run to your favorite frothing blog site where everyone there already agrees with you. Dig deeper. Read both the pros and the cons. Diversify your news intake. If you're getting all your news from Fox and the NY Post, you might not be getting the whole story. If you're getting all your news from The LA Times and NPR, you're probably not getting the whole story.

I'll end with an apology for probably sounding like Mr. Above It All. That's not my intent. I'm guilty of all the things I mention above from time to time, and probably right now.

#65 Guest_Beaver_*

Guest_Beaver_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:43 PM

Read Forum Rules
These are the forum rules:

1) No spamming

2) No appwars, platform wars, political crap, etc. Really folks, it's boring.

3) Mimimize 'me too' posts and other pointless crap.

4) Use the appropriate forums for your posts and follow forum rules.

5) Don't be an asshole.

and last but not least

6) Have a sense of humour ;P

Thanks, :D  :D

View Post

1) En1arge your peni5 size by 200%!

2) C4D Sux, Crapintosh, Bush is ghey

3) I agree

4) Hmm, this one's hard to break in the Lounge

5) See #2

6) :angry:

Wheeeeeeee I'm such a rebel!

#66 Guest_atslopes_*

Guest_atslopes_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:45 PM

Wheeeeeeee I'm such a rebel!

View Post

I can tell by looking at your avatar, yo dude what happened to the colored one with the rainbow teeth, that was my favorite.

Edited by atslopes, 31 January 2006 - 03:46 PM.

#67 Guest_Beaver_*

Guest_Beaver_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:50 PM

I can tell by looking at your avatar, yo dude what happened to the colored one with the rainbow teeth, that was my favorite.

View Post

I liked it too, but I thought people might get the wrong idea.

#68 Guest_nextseason_*

Guest_nextseason_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:00 PM

:) this thread rawks!!!

#69 Guest_bubba_*

Guest_bubba_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:20 PM

[quote=christianchoice,]

>blacks weren't slaves because they were black<

You don't fool me, dude. I'm a former redneck from a redneck state, and used to blather that garbage all the time and maybe even believed it. Black people have had a hell of a time on this earth. Overall, they are warm, generous spirits who have given to the world hugely. From art to music to ironic humor to a unique pov. Without them, we'd all be a bunch of goose-stepping stiffs.

Edited by bubba, 31 January 2006 - 04:22 PM.

#70 Guest_parallax_*

Guest_parallax_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

Without them blackies being enslaved an all, this here blues 'n' pop music dont exist.
thanking us decent Kristian White folks for not lettin you go astray wold be the bonafide thing to do boy.

#71 Guest_pixelthief_*

Guest_pixelthief_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:50 PM

And so it begins...

Sweeping anti-abortion laws proposed in 5 States

The Washington Times was one of the first strongholds in what is now the Republican Noise Machine. It is owned by Rev. Sun Myung Moon of the "Moonie" cult fame, who once said of the paper "it is the instrument in spreading the truth about God to the world." Sidenote: Moon's followers hail him as the messiah.

#72 Guest_JMSDigital_*

Guest_JMSDigital_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:23 PM

unfortunatly there was never really anything we could have done about it.

#73 Guest_Beaver_*

Guest_Beaver_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:33 AM

And so it begins...

Sweeping anti-abortion laws proposed in 5 States

The Washington Times was one of the first strongholds in what is now the Republican Noise Machine.  It is owned by Rev. Sun Myung Moon of the "Moonie" cult fame, who once said of the paper "it is the instrument in spreading the truth about God to the world."  Sidenote:  Moon's followers hail him as the messiah.

View Post

I'd give 'em 1 chance in 100 of actually going thru.

#74 Guest_pixelthief_*

Guest_pixelthief_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:56 AM

Health Worker's Choice Debated

Health Workers' Choice Debated
Proposals Back Right Not to Treat

By Rob Stein
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, January 30, 2006; Page A01

More than a dozen states are considering new laws to protect health workers who do not want to provide care that conflicts with their personal beliefs, a surge of legislation that reflects the intensifying tension between asserting individual religious values and defending patients' rights.

About half of the proposals would shield pharmacists who refuse to fill prescriptions for birth control and "morning-after" pills because they believe the drugs cause abortions. But many are far broader measures that would shelter a doctor, nurse, aide, technician or other employee who objects to any therapy. That might include in-vitro fertilization, physician-assisted suicide, embryonic stem cells and perhaps even providing treatment to gays and lesbians.

#75 Guest_JMSDigital_*

Guest_JMSDigital_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:48 PM

sounds like we're heading back to the dark ages. I always wondered what it would be like to be a serf...

#76 Guest_JMSDigital_*

Guest_JMSDigital_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:49 PM

I'd give 'em 1 chance in 100 of actually going thru.

View Post

yeah those are the odds I gave Bush on being re-elected.

#77 Guest_mamurphy_*

Guest_mamurphy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:59 PM

hey, i know what i'll do....

i'll get online and criticize someone else's political/religious/social morals/values/beliefs and try to make them change everything that defines who they are in a flame war. :D

i love the internet and all its warm cuddly lovin'

when Reps are in office Dems scream about the end of the world....
and when Dems are in office Reps scream about the end of the world.

Good thing I'm a hard working, voting American who pays too many taxes, can kill a baby leagally, shoot a burglar and go to jail for it, worship Gaia in public but not Jesus, smoke tobacco but not pot, can ride a motorcycle w/o a helmet but get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt......

God, I love this country!

#78 Guest_scott frizzle_*

Guest_scott frizzle_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

hey, i know what i'll do....

i'll get online and criticize someone else's political/religious/social morals/values/beliefs and try to make them change everything that defines who they are in a flame war. :D

i love the internet and all its warm cuddly lovin'

when Reps are in office Dems scream about the end of the world....
and when Dems are in office Reps scream about the end of the world.

Good thing I'm a hard working, voting American who pays too many taxes, can kill a baby leagally, shoot a burglar and go to jail for it, worship Gaia in public but not Jesus, smoke tobacco but not pot, can ride a motorcycle w/o a helmet but get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt......

God, I love this country!

View Post

Nice.

#79 Guest_scott frizzle_*

Guest_scott frizzle_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:13 PM

Nice.

View Post

Seriously.

#80 Guest_govinda_*

Guest_govinda_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

Because that's all you ever see, driving along a road in any city, are churches devoted to the worship of 'Gaia.' :lol:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users