Hi, I've been learning motion graphics in AE and C4D over the last year or so and feel it's time to consider upgrading my PC. Below is my current build:
- GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard
- Intel Core i7-3770K
- Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB (OC Edition)
- 32GB Patriot Viper 3
- Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD for OS
- Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD for AE disk cache
- 1TB Seagate HDD for project files
- 400GB Seagate HDD for renders
- Corsair Carbide 500R case
- Corsair HX750 PSU
I've also just bought:
- 2x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
- Noctua NH-D15 cooler
I plan to use more of C4D as time goes on and have been advised to get into Octane rendering. With that in mind:
Can anyone recommend any worthwhile upgrades or replacements for this build?
Would adding a second GTX 770 be worthwhile or do I need to replace the GPU for something more powerful and with more memory, ideally?
I'm open to considering replacing the CPU and/or motherboard, if a new CPU would substantially benefit my work?
How is best to configure my drives?
Thanks for your help!