Steelehouse is a creative studio of storytellers and visual artists who blend the mediums of live action, motion design, animation and virtual reality to engage audiences and build brands. For years, we’ve produced content for companies such as Hasbro and Machinima. We’ve created stories for brands like Pac-Man, Lego, ECHO and Transformers.
We are currently looking for a talented Motion Designer to join the team at our studio in Tulsa, OK on a full time basis. We offer competitive salaries and benefits such as paid vacation, unlimited PTO and sick days, 401k and health insurance. We also have a pretty good Christmas party and we're across the street from the best BBQ in Oklahoma … just sayin'.
• 3-4 years of working experience and/or a solid demo reel.
• Proficient understanding of animation principles.
• Proficient understanding of graphic design.
• Extremely capable in Cinema 4D or Maya. You would marry one of these if you could.
• Extremely comfortable in Adobe Creative Suite – After Effects/Premiere is our workflow.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good organization and communication skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work in a strong team environment.
• Must enjoy donuts and other snacks that occasionally appear in the kitchen.
• Create compelling 2D/3D motion graphics content for our clients.
• Develop various art directions and ideas for concept pitches.
• Create broadcast length edits for various projects.
• Communicate with producers, management, and other animators.
• Illustration is nice, but not required.
• Knowledge of Octane is a plus (since that's what you'll use.)
• Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision.
• Great editorial/storytelling capabilities.
• Solid grasp of typography.
Ideal traits Good Judgement.
Common sense is your friend. You understand the production pipeline and you understand your role in it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re always looking to grow your skillset, constantly seeking new techniques and new technologies.
Passion and Inspiration.
Motion Design is a big part of your life and how you communicate conceptually and visually.
College degrees aren't as important to us as a solid reel and an eagerness to work. We're always on the lookout for talent with hustle. If all this sounds like something you're into, we encourage you to apply with a cover letter and a link to your show reel to email@example.com. No recruitment agencies, please.