Sign in to follow this  
toml82

"Piet Mondrian" like effects

ssup all,

I gotta find some references for mondrianish effects, basically squares flying all around the place in a mondrian style, best if the squares are transparent and not 3-d but flat. It's actually a common effect, almost too common and overused that i can't find it no more. But anyway yea, if you guys remember seeing some of these in the reel section, or anywhere, just leave me a note. Thanks guys.

Tom.

dude what? draw some red and blue squares, and youre done. if you want them flying around then offset them in z space and move a camera.... is this a joke?

Rothermel: I'm not trying to make it. I'm trying to see good examples of what i've mentioned.

Rothermel: I'm not trying to make it. I'm trying to see good examples of what i've mentioned.

so you wanna know what semi transparent squares look like flying around on screen?

punch me in the balls now.

There was an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation where Lt. Cmdr. Data was painting Mondrian-esque art on the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D.

If you could find that episode you'd have your Mondrian squares flying through space!

Guest J.J. Johnstone

punch me in the balls now.

I heard you (rothermel) got punched in the balls on Halloween.

Edited by J.J. Johnstone

ssup all,

I gotta find some references for mondrianish effects, basically squares flying all around the place in a mondrian style, best if the squares are transparent and not 3-d but flat. It's actually a common effect, almost too common and overused that i can't find it no more. But anyway yea, if you guys remember seeing some of these in the reel section, or anywhere, just leave me a note. Thanks guys.

Tom.

Tom, this may be your chance to come up with a Mondrian effect that nobody has ever seen before.

those are nice scripts. they remind me a lot of Mondrian.

yea and if you use multiple versions at the same time, you get a cy twombly effect... quite nice

archief-cy_twombly_1970.jpg

Edited by Rothermel