Sign in to follow this  
George.

Heading to New York

So ill be there between the 19th and 26th..

Anything happening during the week??

Beers anyone?

How cold is it going to be?

I got some accom lined up in Croton for a couple of days but will be trying to grovel some accom at the backpackers, etc in Manhattan when i first get there - just wanna float around the city for a day or two.

Any advice, etc on what to see - do - eat is appreciated.

Gone over the other threads here, so kinda have a small idea...

Thanks

i highly recommend seeing alex grey's sacred hall of mirrors... they have full moon parties with discussions with alex grey... it's at cosm 27street between 10th & 11th on the west side... very, very, very inspiring...

http://www.alexgrey.com/

http://www.cosmpress.com/

and when your hungry hit up a metro cafe... their personal pan pizzas are to die for...

Edited by FlipSwitch

I second Alex Grey's COSM. Also, you should go see the Met if you've not been there. Don't waste your time going to the Empire State building- it takes half a day to get up there, and it's overrated.

Have dinner at BED, which is right next to COSM. Bring money.

when did that place get so popular.. last time i was back there was a huge crowd outside there

those steps are a good place to people watch also.. between the drinking crowd, tourists and pseudo gutter punks.. st marks never gets too boring

and then... for cheap and plentiful sapporo, head down the block to kenka izakaya. my absolute favorite drinking spot in new york!

kenka is the bomb. i used to work with this japanese guy that would always take us there, and he says its very authentic, which would explain the hordes of young japanese loitering outside before happy hour starts.

Sushi Park at St. Mark's-

Half price sushi special, the place is always jammed.

I would wage a Spicy Tuna/Dragon Roll from Sapporo East (1st Av. /10th St.) could destroy any Sushi in the East Village. Shrimp Tempura is a heavy hitter too... and it's just far enough away that you don't have to endure the pseudo-punks.

*shiver*

-m

I would wage a Spicy Tuna/Dragon Roll from Sapporo East (1st Av. /10th St.) could destroy any Sushi in the East Village. Shrimp Tempura is a heavy hitter too... and it's just far enough away that you don't have to endure the pseudo-punks.

*shiver*

-m

Yeah, Sapporo East is much better, but a bit more expensive.

Edited by raven52321