Sign in to follow this  
T02

FU Logitech!

So, some time ago logitech launched the diNovo Edge keyboard.

Looks absolutely stunning, the brushed aluminium and the one-piece cast base are simply beautiful.

So are the backlit "invisible" icons, so is the touch wheel.

But, why, in the name of Jeebus, is it missing a NUM PAD?!?!?!

I mean.. who would ditch that?! How am i supposed to ram preview in Ae?! (uh..if anyone knows another way around numpad 0, please enlighten silly me).

13087.jpg

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...CONTENTID=12339

I mean.. it's simply irresistible.. but what should i do with one?!? Maybe i'm missing something here, besides the numpad.

Edited by T02

RAM preview.??? Pfft....

That keyboard is only for those who own computers powerful enough to render everything in realtime when you hit the spacebar.

Serously though...that does look pretty badass.

i feel awkward looking at a keyboard and feeling like this. its not right.

bless the copywriter,

it will let you "Scroll at hyperspeed" (HYPERSPEED!) and it also has "Backlit stealth controls" next time you want to surprise your computer into thinking you are goin gnowhere near the buttons.

i have the old dinovo 8438.jpg

at least it had the keypad. It's separate so it doubles as a glorified calculator/remote too.

I have the old dinovo too, and i love it - except for some minor connection trouble that used to bother me. Anyway. Worst part is that couple days ago i spilled a can of redbull directly on it, and even after opening it up and cleaning it (i couldn't get to the actual keys, there's some metal thingie i'm afraid to dismantle) the caps, shigt and ctrl key make a strange squeaky-sticky sound... so i was thinking of getting a new one.

Damn.

thats just that some folks have learned to earn on selling extra bonus super duper feature like NUMPAD :o

i agree to a certain extent. leaving it off is dumb, but then again... the average* user never even touches the numpad.

*chances are that if you are reading this statement, you do not qualify as an average computer user.

Guest Sao_bento

i agree to a certain extent. leaving it off is dumb, but then again... the average* user never even touches the numpad.

*chances are that if you are reading this statement, you do not qualify as an average computer user.

@Logitech

How much does the “average” user need a jog shuttle? A less convenient way to scroll through documents? Any video editing app requires frequent numeric input.

@Logitech

How much does the “average” user need a jog shuttle? A less convenient way to scroll through documents? Any video editing app requires frequent numeric input.

i'd bet that it happens to work with most mp3 players' playlists.

Guest Sao_bento

i'd bet that it happens to work with most mp3 players' playlists.

Is it faster to take your hand off the device that 99.999% of computer tasks can use to navigate to use a specialized controller for a single task? If it negated menu navigation, like those volume controllers knobs do, it would be offering some value. As it is, it's just bad design. Even though mice have been around for a long time, they're still the fastest, most versatile device for navigating in 2D space. The jog/shuttle is an artifact of dated, linear thinking. A mouse with assignable modifier is actually faster at performing the same functions that a traditional jog/shuttle does.

Well, dunno about you fellas, but i'd be totally keen with ignoring/avoiding that jog/touchpad if it had a numpad.. I mean, i like it so much, i'd be even able to pair it with my old dinovo mediapad. But then it'd look patchy :(

Edited by T02

i was just looking at that thing again, and i'm 99% sure those are stock keys on the keyboard. the more i look at it, the more out of place they seem. not sure how much it would have cost to make custom keys, maybe it was cost-prohibitive, but with a premium product like this, i'd seriously consider it.

Guest spence

Since it's logitech you could probly just remap one of the quick keys to numberpad 0 instead of thier stanadard application. Or hell, even to a mouse button if need be.

I'm tempted to get one, the only thing I ever use my keypad for is adding markers or doing a ram preview in AE.