Sign in to follow this  
jan

I need some muzak

Dj Shadow has a few great instrumental albums out. Great for design work and the like. I got the album "Endtroducing" and it's pretty hot.

EDIT: album is called endtroducing, not endtroducting.

Edited by speunfed

Dj Shadow has a few great instrumental albums out. Great for design work and the like. I got the album "Endtroducting" and it's pretty hot.

Did you just get that album?

I tend to follow labels more than individual artists. If you were/are a Warp Records fan, Planet µ is a great alternative/supplement. I'm really digging Boxcutter. My Demons by Distance looks promising too if you like darker music.

-m

Did you just get that album?

I tend to follow labels more than individual artists. If you were/are a Warp Records fan, Planet µ is a great alternative/supplement. I'm really digging Boxcutter. My Demons by Distance looks promising too if you like darker music.

-m

yeah dude, I've been in the dark with this lil gem. finally copped it and i love every second of it!

Edited by speunfed

Guest spence

check out the album "Writer's block" by peter bjorn and john. The song "young folks" is great, and I think I'm going to use their song "the chills" in my next reel update.

yeah dude, I've been in the dark with this lil gem. finally copped it and i love every second of it!

I think that's pretty cool.

Nearly 10 years ago Endtroducing was in *every* single DJs crates (like Thriller for the suburbs). It gets a lot of credit and an equal amount of attention from haters, but the fact that it still holds up after a decade of exposure says quite a lot. If you ask me, the reason why it deserves a little more attention than most is because it crossed most all genres. House DJs... Trance DJs... Hip Hop DJs... Breaks DJs... everybody had that album, because it was so versatile.

I can only assume that DJ Shadow has heard/played Organ Doner so many times that he probably refuses to play it anymore (didn't R.E.M. do that with "Shiny Happy People"?). Sometimes I daydream about a thirty something Josh Wink with a pipe and a smoking jacket, sitting in front of a fireplace, reading the Wall Street Journal, while listening to Higher State of Consciousness.

-m

I think that's pretty cool.

Nearly 10 years ago Endtroducing was in *every* single DJs crates (like Thriller for the suburbs). It gets a lot of credit and an equal amount of attention from haters, but the fact that it still holds up after a decade of exposure says quite a lot. If you ask me, the reason why it deserves a little more attention than most is because it crossed most all genres. House DJs... Trance DJs... Hip Hop DJs... Breaks DJs... everybody had that album, because it was so versatile.

I can only assume that DJ Shadow has heard/played Organ Doner so many times that he probably refuses to play it anymore (didn't R.E.M. do that with "Shiny Happy People"?). Sometimes I daydream about a thirty something Josh Wink with a pipe and a smoking jacket, sitting in front of a fireplace, reading the Wall Street Journal, while listening to Higher State of Consciousness.

-m

very true!

Broken Social Scene - all their cd's kick ass

Jason Collett - Idols of Exile

Wilco - Kicking Television : Live in Chicago - this live cd is better than their studio recorded versions

Blonde Redhead - came out with a new cd, but i think i like the older ones better

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow

Iron & Wine - The Sea and the Rthym , Woman King is good too

Sigur Ros - Icelandic , real atmospheric and mellow

Art Brut

Interpol - i think there coming out with aa new album soon, but all there old ones are good

Pinback - all their stuffs great

The American Analog Set - same thing, all their albums are good

Broken Social Scene - all their cd's kick ass

Jason Collett - Idols of Exile

Wilco - Kicking Television : Live in Chicago - this live cd is better than their studio recorded versions

Blonde Redhead - came out with a new cd, but i think i like the older ones better

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow

Iron & Wine - The Sea and the Rthym , Woman King is good too

Sigur Ros - Icelandic , real atmospheric and mellow

Art Brut

Interpol - i think there coming out with aa new album soon, but all there old ones are good

Pinback - all their stuffs great

The American Analog Set - same thing, all their albums are good

you are my twin.

New Releases

Menomena

Arcade Fire

Modest Mouse

Calla

+/-

old

Toots and the Maytals

Desmond Dekker

Love

The Skatalites

Edited by seabass

didn't know you were such an old ska head :o

:unsure:

It's a new revelation, I always hated the ska kids in my punk days, but now I love the old stuff.

Though, I still think that Orange County Bubblegum Ska thing is silly.