Sign in to follow this  
jan

I need some muzak

I was walking around just earlier this week when Saul Williams' Penny For a Thought came on my iPod.

I thought, "Damn this track was ahead of it's time."

Well it looks like he has a new record out Nov. 1st.

the inevitable rise and liberation of niggytardust

It's following in the footsteps of Radiohead with a "pay what you want" distribution.

From the website...

The ways of middlemen proves to be just a passing trend. We need no priests to talk to God. No phone to call her. And when you click the link below, i think it fair that you should know that your purchase will make middlemen much poorer...

-m

I was walking around just earlier this week when Saul Williams' Penny For a Thought came on my iPod.

I thought, "Damn this track was ahead of it's time."

Well it looks like he has a new record out Nov. 1st.

the inevitable rise and liberation of niggytardust

It's following in the footsteps of Radiohead with a "pay what you want" distribution.

From the website...

-m

I'm looking forward to this, it's either $5 or free, and Trent Reznor of NIN produced the thing. It should be an interesting collaboration.

For some jazzy chill house(probably no one here is into that), check out J. Axel - Deepness is Served, a really good album.

Also, some of you might know, but there is a cool site called Hype Machine. I guess it scours blogs for mp3s. You can play the music right on the site, or follow a link to an original blog post to get some free mp3s.

Really good source for hard to find mashups, remixes, and whitelabels.

i dig amadou & miriam

i second deezer.com as well as pandora.com, my keywords peter tosh, sam cooke

i like having a genre and having some randomness of tracks i havent killed yet - the peter tosh playlist on pandora can be an amazing mix of reggae at times

+ 1 on beirut

-1 on the girl i used to work with who had the LOUDEST MIA paper planes ringtone and would be out of the area while getting BLOWN UP

anyone here checked out the WNYC Radio Lab podcast, good for busy work and to get inspired when one is away from work - its maybe a little involving for when trying to come up with cool shit quickly on the fly

Guest spence

The new wolf parade album "at mount zoomer" and the new black mountain album are both nice.

New Black Keys, Atmosphere, REM, NiN, Portishead.

I've also been digging into some Ted Leo + The Pharmacists, Modest Mouse (mostly 'cause I'm going to see 'em tomm. night), The Decemberists, and Neutral Milk Hotel.