Sign in to follow this  
milkshake

BG Renderer for After Effects

Unfortunately it looks as if aenhancers.com might have gotten hacked again.. Until it gets back up, you can get the script directly here:

http://shake.com/scripts

-lloyd

Hi Lloyd, great work. Now forgive me for being a needy b45tard, but can I make a request? It's something I've been thinking of doing myself, but just haven't had the time to learn actionscripting. Since Gridiron went down the gurgler I've been thinking of a way to replace it. What I thought of was a script to send a composition to the watch folder, where any the render machines would see it, and then automatically reimport the result as a proxy when it's done. That way you can render previews remotely just like with gridiron.

Is it doable? I'd pay money for something that did this (not as much as gridiron perhaps; I never did buy the full version)

Hi Lloyd, great work. Now forgive me for being a needy b45tard, but can I make a request? It's something I've been thinking of doing myself, but just haven't had the time to learn actionscripting. Since Gridiron went down the gurgler I've been thinking of a way to replace it. What I thought of was a script to send a composition to the watch folder, where any the render machines would see it, and then automatically reimport the result as a proxy when it's done. That way you can render previews remotely just like with gridiron.

Is it doable? I'd pay money for something that did this (not as much as gridiron perhaps; I never did buy the full version)

I thought about trying to make a network rendering version of the script.. but that is a much bigger project. I decided to invest in some existing render farm software instead. We used Pipeline Qube (http://pipelinefx.com). which was a bit of a learning curve to get going, but once it was up and running it worked well.

I am still interested in trying to create a user friendly network rendering solution so i will be sure to let you know if i take on a project like that. In the meantime, you can make a request over at aenhancers.com. There's lots of very talented people over that are eager to help people out.

I haven't tried this before... But I have dupliacted my .app of AE... This gives you more than one instance of AE and both can be used... I use one to render and the other to work...

The problem with this (besides having to duplicate your app which isnt very elegant) is that both of those instances share one set of prefs. so if you change a pref but then quit the other app, it saves the prefs and you would lose the changes you made in the front app.

By the way, aenhancers is back up. They were just upgrading the software.

http://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?p=1911

-Lloyd

Edited by milkshake

Hi! i downloaded the script from shake.com but i don't know how to install it...expressscript just pops out and i don;t know what to do with the displayed scripts...sorry..don't know anything in scripting :(

Hi! i downloaded the script from shake.com but i don't know how to install it...expressscript just pops out and i don;t know what to do with the displayed scripts...sorry..don't know anything in scripting :(

To install the script, simply put the downloaded file in your "Scripts" folder which is in your Adobe After Effects 7.0 folder. Then restart After Effects and the script is accessible from Scripts under the File menu.

-Lloyd

To install the script, simply put the downloaded file in your "Scripts" folder which is in your Adobe After Effects 7.0 folder. Then restart After Effects and the script is accessible from Scripts under the File menu.

-Lloyd

kewl! thanks sir! i'll test it this week :)