Sign in to follow this  
lompoc42

Intro Animation thingy

OK so this is an intro animation I've just finished for our class' final presentation for the year. Two weeks from conception to completion and I had to work on it during the hours I wasn't teaching.

It's a simple little piece. Just wanted to make something more or less solid - or at least attempt to. I'm calling it done as I don't have more time to work on it and I'm fairly happy with the results. I achieved what I aimed for, I think.

Would love to get some feedback about any of it. Cheers.

Lompy

Intro Animation (11mb)

Edited by lompoc42

nice one, i like it. If i had to be really picky i would say the camera movement over the last 10-15 sec could be smoothed out a bit.

Are you from NZ? Is that you talking? If it is, you sound a little South African.

Live in NZ, but not from NZ. I'm an American ex-pat. :) The voice over is one of my students, who is indeed South African.

I agree about the camera motion at the end. The problem was that every time I tried to smooth it out, I would lose the place of the scroll, and then when I went to line them back up the camera jerked out again. Parenting kept it too rigid.

Still got a lot to learn about cameras, etc. Cheers for that!

The theme and time allowed didn't exactly lend itself to whiz-bang animation. I would have loved to do something faster and more exciting, but honestly I had to keep myself in check to make sure what I did do was feasible. Besides, it was nice for me to try something with a bit more story to it this time and I stand by it in that regard.

Thank you for the comment about the illustration.

Live in NZ, but not from NZ. I'm an American ex-pat. :) The voice over is one of my students, who is indeed South African.

Haha cool. I'm glad i spotted that one, I'm south african but after living in the uk for the last 4 years you start mixing things up a bit.

i love the style, for some reason i didnt have sound hmmm

I did wanna say that the sky blue with the textures i think should move a little instead of stay in the same place the whole time.

Edited by butlertotheb

i love the style, for some reason i didnt have sound hmmm

I did wanna say that the sky blue with the textures i think should move a little instead of stay in the same place the whole time.

Completely agree. My original aim was to have a stupidly large background that could move in 3D as well, but it made everything incredibly slow and also was demanding several hours more render time. Just came down to economy in the end unfortunately. Next time for sure though :)