Sign in to follow this  
sneakergimp

Help: Double-click has stopped working - OSX

This is killing me as I've got a major deadline

OSX has stopped accepting double clicks in what seems to be the desktop and and foreground running apps i.e I now can't open up AE comps etc

When I right click and open the main hard disk icon, everything in that works ok with double click, so i've repaired disk permissions, tried diff mice/tablets, googled everything I can think of and still come up blank?

Can anybody help????

This is killing me as I've got a major deadline

OSX has stopped accepting double clicks in what seems to be the desktop and and foreground running apps i.e I now can't open up AE comps etc

When I right click and open the main hard disk icon, everything in that works ok with double click, so i've repaired disk permissions, tried diff mice/tablets, googled everything I can think of and still come up blank?

Can anybody help????

off the top of my head in no particular order... update the OS to the newest version, check your keyboard & mouse settings in the control panel, try deleting all mouse prefs (do a search for 'mouse'), install/uninstall USB overdrive, plug mouse directly into computer instead of keyboard

Edited by superegophobia

Cheers ... done all that and still no luck.

So i created a new user account and copied all my files onto a firewire/across to new account, where it's working fine.

knocked most of my day out, thanks Mr Jobs :angry:

Edited by sneakergimp