Sign in to follow this  
Mike D

- The Site Has Launched -

Haven't you people heard? There's gonna be a huge party for the launch of the new site. Their gonna have strippers and everything.

Oh...

maybe you weren't invited.

Son of a... mannn i wanna to be part of the cool crowd soooooooo bad B)

It was out of my hands -- should be up today.

The party was great!

OK I don't want to hear another word about this site until it's really up. And when it does go up it better make me us wet our pants because if it doesn't. D-attack is standing by.

JK

A fancy animated splash page and a poster, there better be some hot work on your site, otherwise some people may feel like all this anticipation is like a bad date and go home disappointed.

for some reason I watched the the movie located on the middle right of the logo....the one titled "my first year" and about 1/3 of the way through it i was absolutely AMAZED! it's when the tom petty song starts...it's the BESTEST thing ever.

Edited by anthonyc

for some reason I watched the the movie located on the middle right of the logo....the one titled "my first year" and about 1/3 of the way through it i was absolutely AMAZED! it's when the tom petty song starts...it's the BESTEST thing ever.

haha WTF??? GO SUPER BABY!!!!

seriously though, with all the hype for this site launch I was expecting something more like:

Client: Jesus

Project: Second Coming

The site itself is nice though.

Only two remarks:

1) it would be nice if the active menu item was highlighted to show where I am.

2) at the bottom right of "links" there is a "+". I expected it to show me more links. Instead it shows me photos?! There is no connection between the two. It doesn't make sense.

the overall design of your site is great but taht loader at the beginning really cheeses the hell out of it... may i suggest something bit more slick? that big type is just eww. how about an orange progress bar or something?

Guest Sao_bento

The text on the first screen, and the tab of the preloader are pretty hard to read. Looks like they're getting crunched by the Flash compression. Once inside, it wasn't clear that when you click on portfolio, you're supposed to click on a square. Nothing else on the site works like that. Initially, when I clicked the other links and the stuff moved around, I thought it was built like "Rear Window", where each section would take you to a different apartment or window of the building.

After reading some of the comments here, I figured out the thing about clicking on the squares for the portfolio section. The reel doesn't look bad, but it's definitely film/home movie oriented. The "Starfire" design thing looked kind cool. The lack of controls on the video player hamper detailed evaluation.

I'd say it seems like it takes the site an awful long time to load considering what it does once you're in there. Consider having the videos in a separate swf from the site or something. Ask yourself "what would I lose by doing this as HTML? - a little bit of animation. Does that animation actually add that much to the experience that it justifies the slow load time?"