Sign in to follow this  
Islets of Langerhans

Ho Ho Holy copy cats santa

they're both monochromatic.

and they're both symmetrical.

and they both have flourishes.

so out of the 7,637,309,339,839,268,445,129 known design variables in existence, they have 3 of yours. and all three of those fall under the "right now / trendy" category, which basically nullifies any claim of "ownership" or originality. you could probably randomly pick 10 mographer websites and 7 of them would have just as many or more things in common with your site.

"copy cat" is a strong word.

I'd say it would be a reach to say the copied you - the similarities are the symmetrical composition, the black and white palette, and the fancy flourish stuff - there are alot of websites with that look

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

from the Old Testament, Ecclesiastes i. 9.

It would stand to reason that if they were a sister company, maybe the designer who created your site, also had something to do with the allegedly copy cat site.

If not, well, I'd say they were pretty different other than the color palette.

I gotta say from a branding standpoint it's a ripoff. Sure there's an abundance of this particular style, but since it's a subsiduary company breaking off to form a new company, I believe that this was a conscious choice to have the same style. That being said, theres no real ramifications of it because the design itself isn't a ripoff, just the style, and theres countless others like it to begin with......

Shows a lack of imagination for the new company, but it will probably help with previous clients.

True.

Except for

you could probably randomly pick 10 mographer websites and 7 of them would have just as many or more things in common with your site.

Which isn't true.

Go through all the links in "reels&portfolios" and you won't see too many sites with that much resemblance.