Sign in to follow this  
Lo1

after effects camera cinema 4d exchange vice versa

Is there any trick to exmport an after-effectscamera back to cinema 4d..?

For example you start in cinema 4d generating some elements...import it in aftereffects as layers

with camera work on it , the project grows you make some ajustments to the camera and then

want to add some new cinema 4d elements with updated camera??

hope that makes sense!

Is there any trick to exmport an after-effectscamera back to cinema 4d..?

No. This problem has not yet been solved satisfiengly. There are some techniques base on adjusting splines via the structure manageer and then align things to them and therE's some XPresso/ COFFE based stuff out there, but I'm not aware of a more elegant, direct solution.

Mylenium

the structure manageer and then align things to them and therE's some XPresso/ COFFE based stuff out there, but I'm not aware of a more elegant, direct solution.

Mylenium

i am aware of this situation...and was hoping at least some solution in this direction...i have searched the net but did not find anything...so do you have a link to this xpresso/coffee stuff...

would be great to try it out at least...

I was working on this for awhile and gave up. I was able to transfer over the camera if it only moves in position, but when rotation is involved, it gets screwed up. It has to do with the different ways rotation is calculated in AE and C4D.

I posted my progress here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=321029

And ya, it's definitely an over-complicated process. I'm waiting for someone smarter than me to figure it out...