Sign in to follow this  
Nerra

pre-school reel... yeah nice one!

I call this the "pre-school" reel because when I'm all grown up (next year) I plan on going to uni to study graphic design. Turns out that they don't accept motion reels, only printed out still frames. So they won't get to see this, yeah nice one!

It breaks loads of rules... its probably too long, it has live action footage in it and I ripped the track from umeric! MAN I LOVE THOSE GUYS <3 but I don't give a crap, it was fun to edit!

So have a watch, show it to your pets, print out some still frames and use it as designer toilet paper!

Peace!

http://work.warrenharper.co.uk/whmotion06.mov

Edited by Nerra

haha I wish! Apparently artists (thats what they called them at my high school) don't make any money. They were really traditional, so I did english, maths, science etc. I've taken a year and a half out doing random things like travelling etc and teaching myself design (or trying to). I'm glad I took time out, if i had gone to uni straight away I would have studied law or engineering.

Guest spence

Is there even a public school in north america with good enough computers to run AE, or the budget to purchase it for that matter?

Cheers guys! I'm applying to Central Saint Martins in london. Its gonna be hard to get. At the moment I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I don't get in as I don't really want to go any where else :mellow:

my highschool actually had a really good computer art class... we had g3's and even my last year got some g4's. ran photoshop, freehand, final cut, animation studio, carrera, and infini-d.... and of course quake.

great start, you'll only get better with the formal educaiton.

Is there even a public school in north america with good enough computers to run AE, or the budget to purchase it for that matter?

That was the case with my Highschool...the library had better computer than Media Tech class. That all changed..we got a $30,000 up grade which inluded new dells with 19inch flat panel monitors/ matrox rt graphic cards/adobe production suite for all 20 computers (leased so they can be upgraded)/ 5 of those panasonic mini dv's with 3 ccd's in them/ new tripods/ and a decent laser printer. I must say I was VERY suprised when I walked in that room the first day of school. It could use some better AC though... that room gets hot!

A lot of the schools in the states are equipped well. The only time you really run into slow, ancient equipment is in urban, metropolitan areas and in BFE (The middle of nowhere.) Most schools get huge grants and put a lot of it to technology these days. They aren't teaching the students anything good, but they usually do have decent equipment! ;p