Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Budzak

Cinema 4D...where can I go to learn

Hey Y'all.

First of all, happy new year...ok now onto my question...I want to get into 3d, but I heard horror stories about learning Maya or something similar in just a class or 2. I heard Cinema 4D is really good, I have the Lynda.com training videos...is there anything else you guys would recommend a 3D noob to help me get my C4D skills really movin and shakin? Thanks for the help, peace!

So are you a Columbia grad? student? or are they just one of your clients?

What program did you use for the 3D stuff in your reel?

That would help in suggesting what kind of exercises you're ready for.

-m

..also try www.c4dcafe.com

I've learned a bunch of methods and trix there, but be forewarned, there is a quantum leap in the learning curve from 2D to 3D software. C4D is probably the easiest to learn... welcome aboard.. or perhaps welcome to the shark tank.

On this subject, I was looking around and found a website:

www.cineversity.com

Its a C4D "online university" type tutorial website, only catch is they make you pay 300 bucks for full access to their tuts. Has anyone checked this website out, and if so, is it worth the money?

I was happy to see a motion graphics section in the tutorials but they only have one 10 part tutorial...and I dont know how big that section will grow to. They seem sort of new...let me know what you guys think.

Guest Sao_bento

On this subject, I was looking around and found a website:

www.cineversity.com

Its a C4D "online university" type tutorial website, only catch is they make you pay 300 bucks for full access to their tuts. Has anyone checked this website out, and if so, is it worth the money?

I was happy to see a motion graphics section in the tutorials but they only have one 10 part tutorial...and I dont know how big that section will grow to. They seem sort of new...let me know what you guys think.

Cineversity is owned and operated by Maxon themselves, so it is definitely a place for reliable info. I know the prices might be reasonable compared to Gnomon or PixelCorps, but I still think it's too high.

oh wow, this was literally an overload of info, it's real helpful...I'm actually still a student there, but I don't graduate for another year or so...yeah I'm a TV student, and we have this software on our mg lab computers, yet no one knows how to use it (and I am trying to change that)...