Sign in to follow this  
Guest garverine

Morphing....

Guest garverine

how can i morp one object become another object...?

for example if i want to morp text '2003' become another object maybe silhoutte pigeon....?

BIG THX

Guest igorschmigor

it´s easy with vector oriented programmes. Flash can do it very easily. Even none-motion vector programmes such as illustrator, freehand and corel draw can blend vector shapes, creating a sort of "still-morph" which can then be used in after effects or whatever for animation.

In 3d programms you will usually have a morph modifier, but often both objects need to have the same amount of vertices, polygons, etc...

Guest memyselfandi

Morphing using a Post Prodction application is a bit tricky though and takes a bit of practice, plus a decent morph tool within the application.

Before any of us can help you futher we need to know what you want to morph and in what application. If you have a good understanding of drawing and using curves it's a big plus. Or you could use the 100% automatic morph effect that comes with Avid Xpress ;)

Guest grinner

I still like Elastic Reality (RIP).

You can do it in AE. There are a few tutorials on creativecow.net that cover it in depth. Basicly you'll just import text (and the art image) from illustrator and set it so the splines do the work.

If your wanting to morph often, re: flex rocks in AE.

Have fun.

Guest memyselfandi

Yes, Elastic Reality is still one of the best morph tools available, even though it's getting very old by now.

Guest grinner

It's a shame Avid shelved it. They boast about how they integrated it into DS but it's really nothing like ER. Just some strengthy warping/morphing capabilities. Don't get me wrong, it's great that they are there without having to exit any app or export/import anything but selling ER as a stand alone app would make many people happy.

Since I don't have a DS, I now just fake it with mesh warp in AE.