Sign in to follow this  
terminalsix

Photo Match 3

Guest Sao_bento

Sorta cool, but I'm not sure how it fits into the workflow. For Cinema 4D users, there's Arndt's Photomatch plug-in. C4D doesn't necessarily allow you to work as quickly, but you don't have to deal with exporting it from the paid version of SketchUp ($500), then trying to match the camera in your 3D app again (assuming it's actually possible to match the camera from SketchUp).

http://www.vreel-3d.de/plugins/PhotoMatch/links.html

I'm also pretty sure ImageModeler is a actual production proven solution.

http://imagemodeler.realviz.com/?language=EN

Maybe someone who's actually used SketchUp in a real production workflow will chime in and let us know how it works.

I'm pretty sure the neither of the two alternatives you mentioned are capable of doing perspective curves or perspective duplication (like the windows). This application also does a great job of reducing your fudging... good snapping tools and such. However, a person with a good eye could do the same thing without all the guides in just about any 3D program.

It's my opinion that, SketchUp (as of current), is still nowhere near ready as a serious production tool.

-m

Well part of the reason he is moving so fast is this program is specfically designed to do this stuff. C4D and Maya do many things are therefore are more complex and will take longer to do the same stuff. Just because he moves fast doesn't mean it is bad quality.

All I could think of was, "Great! Another freekin' 3d package to learn!" And Dammit!! Why can't Maya do what C4D does? Now I have learn a new 3D package entirely. I know I'm all over the place w/ that comment. Thats just the way I've been feeling lately. Did I mention I'm bi-polar. Sorry.

At this very moment, I'm using Arndt's stand-alone app called...PhotoMatch. It's not the plug-in for C4D, but the stand-alone that I bought from him for like $100.

Arndt's came out a few months ago, so I wonder if he knew about this duplication of names, or whether he considered the term 'PhotoMatch to be his because he's had it for a few years as the name of his C4D plugin.