Sign in to follow this  
SermonOfMockery

anybody here speak Thai?

Must be WMV, Real, or something else that isn't mac native.

yep works perfectly on my PC. like everything else. reminds of that cocky mac commercial... hi, im a mac and i can do anything! yeah right mac, you cant play half the shit online and need a severe ass beating to wipe that smirk off your face...

Edited by stooch

Guest Sao_bento

yep works perfectly on my PC. like everything else. reminds of that cocky mac commercial... hi, im a mac and i can do anything! yeah right mac, you cant play half the shit online and need a severe ass beating to wipe that smirk off your face...

Wow. You never cease to amaze.

Of course a mac could play it, if you want to install Windows media player. Same way a PC needs Quicktime specifically installed. But since Windows Media and Real Networks encoding are just a signal that the content isn't very good anyway, why bother?

You sound a lot like every critic of something who doesn't know anything about the thing they are criticizing.

dudes don't fight... let's just beam each other some songs, turn up our Zunes and chill!

Can the Zune beam sarcasm too? That would be nice :lol:

Sao, I don't know if you use it, but I use Flip4Mac at home and it plays pretty much everything I've come across.

neither one- most muay Thai fighters grow up poor and use it as a means of escaping poverty (not so different from basketball and football in the US). it's a hard life but better than the alternatives.

some of these guys, like Buakaw, can have 300+ fights by their mid 20s- he's 407-45-5!

Guest Sao_bento

why does everyone get so touchy when u start baggin on their preferred OS?

I think the concern is that we stay factual around here, as many people depend on this info being right. Personally, I own two seats of XP and two seats of Mac OS X. That doesn't have sh^t to do with people talking about stuff they don't know about though - that's a personal problem, not a technological one.

can't we all just get along?....someone think of the children.

Edit: This is why I love mograph. people get all worked up about stuff. at least we're not fighting about money again.

Edited by Firebetty

Wow. You never cease to amaze.

Of course a mac could play it, if you want to install Windows media player. Same way a PC needs Quicktime specifically installed. But since Windows Media and Real Networks encoding are just a signal that the content isn't very good anyway, why bother?

You sound a lot like every critic of something who doesn't know anything about the thing they are criticizing.

hey i know im amazing - and i dont like MACS MARKETING STRATEGY, deal with it.

and btw i used macs in production all the time so i know very well what they can and cant do.. (you want to argue about macs capabilities in 3d?) you are the one that complained about it first, i didnt see any pc guys bitch did i?

anyway, i dont care if i amaze you or not, i dont like macs marketing strategy and im not about to start liking it because of you. Which was the point of my original post - that you so brilliantly missed.

and content is bad "because its in windows mediah player".... im not even going to touch that. but for the record, FLV is the best ha... check it out for yourself. but i still wouldnt generalize about its content...

I dont feel like arguing with you anyway - nor do I need to tell you "you dont know what you are talking about" to make myself feel better... hint hint.

p.s. It is very unprofessional to assume the knowledge of others based off a few sentences on a forum. so just give up the "you dont know what you are talking about" angle. it really doesnt do you any service and kinda makes you sound like an ass. BTW - why does it always turn into that on this site? you guys need to pull it out of your ass and relax a bit. Some are trying to pass themselves off as these "professionals" on a professional forum but cant take a joke and attack anyone who rubs them the wrong way, how is that professional? I would expect a mod to set an example rather then being the antagonist...

on a lighter note. All these macheads always knocking on the "pcs" as if the macs are the only way. Funny thing is that a mac is a PC, now more then ever. the only difference now is just macOS - which is also the source of alot of the incompatibilities that prevent peole like me from using the os all the time...its not that i hate mac os, i cant use it. i need to run stuff that macs cant. its a huge hassle! thats why it pisses me off to see these mac vs pc commercials that claim otherwise! when i know its not true! so please pardon my humor if it happens to be sarcastic towards your chosen OS. oh yeah, accept that macs arent everything, there are actually good things about windows too...

Edited by stooch

Guest Sao_bento

"you dont know what you are talking about"

Your body of work makes this more apparent with every post. Now you think the ability to play a media format is linked to a marketing campaign. Brilliant.

Your body of work makes this more apparent with every post. Now you think the ability to play a media format is linked to a marketing campaign. Brilliant.

hahaha, oh yeah? is that the best you can do?

lol you are a sad little man.

ill leave you be.

p.s. when you attack peoples knowledge every chance you get, you are sending a message that you are insecure about yours and/or feel threatened. i think the best course is to just STFU and learn a bit of humility...

afterall, you are nothing more then a mod on a forum...

Edited by stooch

And your a poster on this forum...so I guess that makes me the Queen of Sheeba?

(no offense to any Sheebanese queens)

in latin, this is called a non-sequitor

Guest Sao_bento

hahaha, oh yeah? is that the best you can do?

lol you are a sad little man.

ill leave you be.

p.s. when you attack peoples knowledge every chance you get, you are sending a message that you are insecure about yours and/or feel threatened. i think the best course is to just STFU and learn a bit of humility...

You've convinced yourself that you're rocking our little world here huh? funny.

The reason that this field of "motion graphics" has advanced to where it is came from a decision made a long time ago to share the knowledge rather than try to keep it secret. For me this started in the AOL CoSA Cafe, where Chris and Trish Meyer, as well as Tim Sassoon and several other people shared their in-depth knowledge about all things video, film, and AE. I was grateful that there was such a resource and very impressed by this new attitude of sharing knowledge rather than hiding it. My involvement in Mograph has been a simple extension of that and an attempt to give something back in the same way that so impressed me back then. Today I'm really impressed by the people like Jayse and Mylenium, who spend a lot of their own time making tutorials to help the community out, or CSmith and the other guys who share their custom made tools.

Anyone who was involved in this industry more than 10 years ago remembers the way it used to be when technicians ran things because they were the only ones who knew how the expensive, convoluted equipment worked. They were scared to death that someone was going to take their high paying niche job, so they kept everything a secret. The desktop computer revolution changed all that and made the technical hurdles much more manageable. Now things are moving towards a model where the toolset is taking a back seat to the ideas, and talent becomes much more of a consideration.

Then there's you, Stooch. As i looked through all your posts, aside from an instance where you recommend h.264 compression to someone, I can't find where you've contributed anything of value at all. Mostly you've argued, made unsubstantiated statements and tried to convince people that your contribution to any production is the most valuable part.

So, being that the odds are 60 to 1 that anything you post will be of no use to anyone, the next time you feel like typing whatever enters your head, pause for a second and wonder if there is a purpose for what you're about to do, or if it's just another waste of time and bytes. If it's the latter, spare us.