Sign in to follow this  
jake_mathew

Ghostbusters video game

The nerd inside me cried tears of joy when I saw these videos. Right now, production is on hold until they can get the license to use Ghostbusters IP. (and they also haven't been signed by a publisher yet) But these in-game tests were pretty impressive:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31247

For more info, here's the game developer's site:

http://www.zootfly.com/index.html

It has potential, but I hope that they will add more to it than just going around and shooting ghosts. It could be a fun adventure, if done right. I hope it will not be yet another shooting game. I don't know if it's because I'm a female, but I get bored of shooting games very fast and I need a strong story to keep me interested (i'm not talking about love scenes here). I'm hoping there will be some change in the gaming industry, now that there's more women going into this field. Not to say there's no good games out there!

Hm.. Jake Mathew.. sounds very familiar.. :P

Hey Tina, glad to see you're on mograph now.

I was obsessed with Ghostbusters growing up so I'd probably buy any ghostbusters game they created. I agree that just a plain shooter game might get boring. A big part of the Ghostbusters movies were that they were funny. If the video game can capture that humor in addition to awesome gameplay, I think it will be a sucess.

If Zootfly can't get the license, they are going to release the game anyway and just call it something else. (and get rid of any ghostbuster imagery, logos, Bill Murray's face)

Edited by jake_mathew

But they're shooting ghosts with proton packs! If it's a sandbox type game where you can drive around Ecto-1, bust ghosts, and even do optional "missions", I think it would be a lot of fun. Even better would be 4-player online co-op mode. (I get dibs on Venkman!)

Zootfly is still trying to make a deal with Columbia Pictures. But, guess who owns Columbia? Sony. Hopefully, they don't try to make it a PS3 exclusive title. We were able to get "Spiderman: The Movie" for all platforms so hopefully this will be the same. But even if Zootfly gets the license, it doesn't guarantee that the characters will be allowed to have the likeness of the movie actors. And, they might need an additional license to play that awesome Ray Parker Jr. song.

...And, they might need an additional license to play that awesome Ray Parker Jr. song.

then they'd have to get approval from huey lewis & the news, because i believe they were granted partial ownership of the song after they sued RP jr & the producers' asses... it's "i want a new drug" slowed down to half speed. i guess there's a lot of biting going on even outside of the mograph industry.

i know this post is stupid and irrelevant, but i just wanted to squash your precious undying love of ghostbusteriana.

First off, yes, I am obsessed. "Bustin' makes me feel good!" Wait...that didn't sound right.

Secondly, even if they can't get the theme song into the game, my hopes aren't crushed. I'd just plug my ipod into my 360 and have the GB soundtrack play in the background. Uh.........not that I actually downloaded the GB soundtrack or anything.

And speaking Huey Lewis, if I can't get a Ghostbusters video game, I'll settle for a "Back To The Future" game. (although I'm not sure what the point of the game would be besides driving around in a hovering DeLorean)

So now, all I can do is wait patiently and hope to relive the excitement of Ghostbusters in video game form. I've finally given up all hope that they would conclude the movie trilogy with Ghostbusters 3.....

.....OR HAVE I???

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3467374

the first one (for C64/SMS/etc) was pretty fun, although sometimes insanely hard. if they could use that as a basis i'd be on board... if it's just another goddamn FPS, count me out.

omg, I cant believe someone else played and remembers the C64game!

I had a copy of a copy with no instructions, I remember being very frustrated.

i played a LOT of C64 games in the 80s... how about Heart of Africa, Kane, Human Race, BC's Quest for Tires, Impossible Mission, etc? And of course all the Lucasfilm games...

Impossible Mission: "Another Visitor. Stay awhile...STAY FOREVER"

Also: Archon, Bruce Lee, California Games, Beach head, Bards Tale

C64_Archon.png

C64_Archon.png

hells yeah Bruce Lee was awesome. I loved at that C64 stuff. Mail Order Monsters, Racing Destruction Set, Karateka, Adventure Construction Set... Man, there were so many cool games.

BTW that Dust Demon dude in Archon was an absolute killer.

C64_Archon.png

holy sh*t!!!, what memories!!! i was a hughe fan of c64 games, and later, amiga 500

lucasarts graphic adventures were so cool

monkey island 2 best game ever