Sign in to follow this  
pipwish

I think you need to work the concept a bit more. Ask the client exactly what message they are trying to get across and then work that message in as many ways as you can. Maybe create a sketch book or a story board of all the different ideas. You might also want to work on the typography. Check out a book by Phil Baines called Type and Typography.

...oh and can we have that by this afternoon ;)

I think you need to work the concept a bit more. Ask the client exactly what message they are trying to get across and then work that message in as many ways as you can. Maybe create a sketch book or a story board of all the different ideas. You might also want to work on the typography. Check out a book by Phil Baines called Type and Typography.

Wouldn't that ruin the whole point of the shirt if it was actually visually appealing?

Edited by speunfed

the idea is there but the final product feels like its really lacking. like an overboard joke..

whatever happened to those 'fuck art lets kill' shirts

Edited by silatix

yawn... boooor..ring.

I'd prefer "fuck crappy graphic designers that make unimaginative graphics, LIKE THIS"...

The form certainly appears unimaginative but the concept behind it is not. The form actually supports the concept in an appropriate way.

What is most important to you, form or concept?

Guest Sao_bento

I think the kerning should be re-visted. Also, there are too many strong verticals, which creates an odd relationship to the underlines. Emphasis is usually conveyed by italics, but the underline may be pushing it just a little too far. It should also be more "edgy".

you should have used comic sans for the font, or papyrus

a pox on papyrus

I agree about the edgy thing. This should be a black shirt first of all...with white type. All designers wear black. Everyone knows that.

second, the type should be a lot smaller, and in a hand written font. NOT PAPYRUS. Papyrus should not be used for anything...ever..well..maybe a yoga studio. But that's it.

third, just to point out the obvious. but there should be a deer head somewhere...maybe with a bullet hole in it.

I like graphic design, but there are times when I just get so mad at it.

Fuk it.

EDIT: BTW...you knew you were going to get a crit when you put this up right? :lol:

Edited by Firebetty

My reply was a sarcastic one for anyone who didn't pick up on that.

I prefer UNIFREK's concept of having a really duff looking (crap) design thart said "I love Graphic design", that would be more intelligent.

What the hell am I supposed to tell my grandma when she sees me wearing a shirt like this? Come to think of it... I hate stuff like this... oooo look at me, I'm so rebelious, edgy, out of the box, arty and emo all at the same time whilst wearing this amazing shirt, no ones gonna mess with me.... oooo.... yeah!

sigh