Sign in to follow this  
spacerocker

1:2.35 in After Effects

I'm working on a title sequence for a project that was shot on HD matted for 1:2.35 and the titles need to match the aspect ratio of the rest of the movie. Any ideas what the size of the comp would need to be to match 1:2.35? And should my pixels remain square, or do I need to change the pixel size as well?

Any input would be much appreciated....

Rock on.

You need more info.

Typically a scope (2.35:1) film is 1828x778 square pixels, or stretched to 1828x1556 if its anamorphic and thats usually extracted from a 2048x1556 frame, but there are a few other ways to deliver it, especially if it was shot in HD. This is really a question you should ask the producer, editor or the VFX supervisor of the film.

My guess is 1920x817 square pixels, or 1828x778 square pixels. Either way it doesn't hurt to work at and protect for the larger size until you get a definite answer. Do you have a action/title safe grid for scope?

I'm working on a title sequence for a project that was shot on HD matted for 1:2.35 and the titles need to match the aspect ratio of the rest of the movie. Any ideas what the size of the comp would need to be to match 1:2.35? And should my pixels remain square, or do I need to change the pixel size as well?

Any input would be much appreciated....

Rock on.

Take the width of the frame you are given, divide that by 2.35. the answer you get is the height of the comp. Frame rate and pixel aspect ratio will be the same as the footage.

That's good info, in addition you should have the post-producer check with whoever is doing the "film out" what their specs are (there are many) for delivery for sequences.

e

You need more info.

Typically a scope (2.35:1) film is 1828x778 square pixels, or stretched to 1828x1556 if its anamorphic and thats usually extracted from a 2048x1556 frame, but there are a few other ways to deliver it, especially if it was shot in HD. This is really a question you should ask the producer, editor or the VFX supervisor of the film.

My guess is 1920x817 square pixels, or 1828x778 square pixels. Either way it doesn't hurt to work at and protect for the larger size until you get a definite answer. Do you have a action/title safe grid for scope?