Sign in to follow this  
mimik

DEPTH OF FIELD IN AE - DIFFERENT BOKEH PLUGZ?

Guest Sao_bento

I'm not in front of a machine w AE installed right now, but doesn't the new stock AE Lens Blur effect have some amount of bokeh? I agree that it's probably not as good as Frishluft, but it's free.

Guest Sao_bento

i'm from germany- what is bokeh???

It refers to the artifacts created by a lenses depth of field - some things are in focus, others may be dramatically out of focus, even to the point of seeing the shape of the camera's aperture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh

Guest spence

I've never used frischluft lenscare. In what respect does it look different than the standard depth of field blur that you get from the AE camera?

Guest Sao_bento

I've never used frischluft lenscare. In what respect does it look different than the standard depth of field blur that you get from the AE camera?

The AE camera doesn't have the option of controlling the brightness of the highlights, nor does it have the ability to do aperture shapes, and it also wouldn't work for post processing of 3D scenes, unless you want to spend time cutting everything apart and re-arranging it in 3D space, which isn't practical for any number of reasons.

The product page also illustrates the difference in the qualities of the blurs from AE vs. AE+Lenscare

http://www.frischluft.com/lenscare/lenscare.php

Guest spence

Ah, gotcha.

I realy like the lens distortion it does to the background around the ones in the foreground, looks sharp.

(wow, our smileys are pink now! :blink: )