Sign in to follow this  
jonkman

How to do After Effects Silhouette?

Can someone please direct me to a tutorial or explain how I might execute the silhouette effect in After Effects (without using the Silhouettefx plug-in). I'm shooting footage of me with a green screen background and want to render myself completely black in my project.

This is probably really simple but i'm having trouble finding literature on the internet about it.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Nick

well, first you want to key out the green, then go to filters:colorcorrection:levels and set the white output to zero

If for some reason the levels is effecting the green, render out the footage with an alpha channel and then try the silhouettes or maybe key the green then precomp then do the levels.

hope this helps.

If you are doing green screen you can also key the footage, then make a new solid layer below it. Have it read the alpha from the green screen as a track matte.

That way you can change the solid (silhouette) color on the fly.

Edited by redwards

Guest spence

I think we should see just how many obscure ways we can figure out to do this, haha.

after the key, use Effect/color Correction/hue&saturation and bring the lightness down to 0.