Sign in to follow this  
slimotion

SLIMOTION french reel AVAILABLE !!!

Well you got talent you just need to fix up the reel a bit, some stuff you have looks amazing and other stuff should not have even been considered. like the picture with the guys face & pink background, or that large tower when the camera scrolls down and a car passes to the left of the screen. Besides that your reel looked great!! Oh another thing, quite a few clips looked pixelated eather cause you compressed the video to many times or scaling the video. You should probably fix that up a bit imo. ^_^

I understand after effects pretty well... but I'm still new to it. I just wanna know - for your canson project... did you just use a lot of crazy masks to animate the art work in? I ask this cause sometimes I feel as though I'm missing some kind of masking technique to achieve something like that. I know you can animate a mask on a solid that was created with the pen tool... is that all it was - just a TON of animated stroke masks? - or some sweet effect I'm missing...

short explanation would be very well appreciated...

oh... and turbo reel dude... really like the ink splatter too man that's slick. :)

thanks !

apreciate your comments !

hi docphibs !

I'll try to explain the "canson" movie process, in spite of my poor english... i used maskes (during the end of the movie)

but in large part, it was a compositing of a lot of Hd ink videos that i blow with a straw... for japanese calligraphy, i filmed

the calligrapher who wrote with white ink on a glass in a black box... he was wearing black suit for keying...

there is some traditionnal animation too...

In fact, it's a mix of technics !

sorry for my english..."dude" !!!

slim

hey that's great english haha

I always forget about the element of video... haven't gotten into capturing live video yet in college so I haven't really been able to discover its power... but man that's all I needed to hear. again awesome work and thanks for answering my question

~phibs

Edited by docphibs

Ouais slim elle dechire ta bande demo :)

But I was wondering how did you make the title sequence. These clouds are real , or you just used particular generated?

They look so real.

Edited by jonz