Sign in to follow this  
Eman

Thoughts on spicing up this Logo Anim?

yo

i think the audio is ill fitting, it doesnt fit the nautical theme at all.

your colors are too aggressive as well, soften them up. this goes for the blue of the water in particular. try and fit some kind of style(ie textures, vignettes, whatever) into this too, it just seems like a 3d render at this point. it doesnt really take me to where you want me to be. i recently found a spot monkey did for nautica that was brilliant, search for that. it could be a very good place for you to jump off of.

the pan over the final logo is kind of contrived, if i were u id just make it one solid motion from where the fish form the arrows, and zoom out on the logo, instead of going across the entire title.

i like that concept tho.

normally, I don't condone doing anything like trying to do somebody's job for them, but I guess you might need some genbuine help because it's obvious you're not lazy. The piece is good, pretty nice momentum. Jeff is right, the logo moving past adds too much motion. The open water is always a complicated part becuase it's just a field of jittering blue. Try adding a sunset horizon and have the water r4eflect that and the sun too. Right now, the light doesn't look like it's coming from anywhere, a common 3d prob.

Also, you might try doing a toon shader on the piece. The logo fish are cool and they may work as toon shaded things too. Adding some better gradients in the underwater background as well as some other fish and underwater life and plants and bubbles will add to the underwater theme.

Good luck.

T

Good general flow and pace.

Unfortunately, your textures and lighting feel terribly 3D.

I'd suggest either tooning it up as suggested or something more organic that blows out your horizon line and atmosphere... like so.

-m

madworld4.jpg its a mad, mad world all over again.