Sign in to follow this  
Guest joakimlinden

12" techno EP promo video...

Guest rezzarection

hey there, i can say it's a good motion. personaly i have some suggestion, maybe not necessarily forming the 'text become a cd', but what u can do is distort/move the image by following the beat from the music (use techno music), and don't apply too much 'distort' effects, it kills the focus point for each scenes, that's all!

g'd luck!

Guest joakimlinden

Thanks... Well, I guess you have to see the cover and label print. The record sleeve (vinyl, not cd) is exactly like the video - like a freeze frame from a chewed up vhs cassette with noise and tracking errors.

The rotating label at the end is the same as on the real vinyl. I feel too that it's a bit..cheesy, but otherwise I'm proud of the end result. The timing of the texts and other little details could be better I guess, but it's not something I got paid to do and my friend really liked it.

Guest paccollective

the beginning is nice - i just expected "more" when the insane beats came in. for me this is more of a film/narrative problem, than a mograph issue. we get this mysterious ephemeral image akin to "the ring" and what comes next should almost obliterate the setup - imagine an assault of really bad B-movie horror schlock images or the opposite - children throwing flowers <<probably even more creepy.

for me the piece is intriguing but the issues with it aren't a mograph issue but a conceptual one.

keep at it, it could be intense.