Sign in to follow this  
postmodern

2007 Spring reel

What up mograph dot netters.

So after a collective of 4.5 years of motion work, i have decided to go freelance. It's a little nerve racking leaving the cozy confines of a salaried gig, but I guess I just want to see what happens. Anyway, it'd be great if any of you has a chance to check out my reel, and offer up any advice on both my work and freelancing.

thanks

_espi

:)

http://www.adamespinoza.com/mov/2007spring.mov

Nice work, mang!!!

I remember seeing your old reel on the Postmodern site and this is quite a step up...Is the Audi stuff for the Factory?

Come check us at Z-Trip on the 3rd!!!!

PS-

the owl on your splash page is dope.

Edited by drnz

thanks man.

yeah for factory. it was a bitch of a project, we only had 6 days to produce a 6 min motion piece. I didnt sleep for that entire week, w the exception of sleeping during renders! :)

i'm def gonna check out z trip. i wanted to go to afroflo last night but i ended up working through the night.

were u able to hit it up?

Nice work, mang!!!

I remember seeing your old reel on the Postmodern site and this is quite a step up...Is the Audi stuff for the Factory?

PS-

the owl on your splash page is dope.

yeah, you definitely have got a cool style going on. nice dawg. i would also recommend cutting down. mostly from title slates that stay up too long. good luck with the freelance biz! i doubt you'll have any trouble finding work.

So after a collective of 4.5 years of motion work, i have decided to go freelance. It's a little nerve racking leaving the cozy confines of a salaried gig, but I guess I just want to see what happens. Anyway, it'd be great if any of you has a chance to check out my reel, and offer up any advice on both my work and freelancing.

http://www.adamespinoza.com/mov/2007spring.mov

Unless you like getting lots of work and making lots of money, you probably shouldn't go freelance... :)

wow, thanks for all the encouragement! It's much appreciated :)

as for the length, its under 2 min.. but if the consensus is that it's two long maybe i should cut it down.

I'm trying to get a full site up soon and I'll keep ya'll updated

thanks again for the encouraging words!

lovely stuff.. love the owl too and also bears shot in reel..

length wise is cool to me.. if you make shorter i'd take out on of the 3d box/splines/ambi occlusion shots as there's quite as few of them.

good work

here here! i dont remember youre old stuff but this looks amazing. excellent use of 3d. the reel is a tad long but since theres nothing bad in it.. i dont really care and i dont think it will turn off any potential employers. im not even gonna bother saying good luck :)

Nice work, mang!!!

here's a link to some audi stuff.

this was my section, the VO is only scratch, and the audio is a select from Audi's library..

adamespinoza.com/mov/audi.mov

cool stuff. u def got a lot of 3d to show off. there was something that was a little unsettling in the first section with all those single-frames...the quick edit part. i'd also try to make sure to get rid of that black border. if you decide to go with it, make it consistently thick around all edges. other than that, nicely done

Good luck with going freelance, enjoy the freedom.

I like the reel, I especially like the intro when your name transforms into the 3D stroke, may I ask how you create that look.

The Lebron stuff looks cool, i feel like it goes fast, would like to see more. Audi piece is clean, good stuff. Have you learned a lot in 4.5 years? Do you do your own 3D design?

Thanks for the advice tomcat. it feels really strange sometimes to not actually be working. the freedom is great and i'm slowly adapting to the new change, and i do get a bit anxious thinking about always looking for work. good to know that it comes back around though.

bdesigns> the intro is a mixture of c4d and ae. simply extrude each letter on a spline path. yes, the 3d work is mine.. and yes i've learned a ton in within those 4.5 years. i actually went to school for print design, and wasnt introduced to ae until my last semester in college and was hooked.

son of simon> heres links to the full nuggets spots, enjoy :)

http://www.adamespinoza.com/mov/nuggetsdefense.mov

http://www.adamespinoza.com/mov/nuggetspassing.mov

http://www.adamespinoza.com/mov/nuggetsrunning.mov