Sign in to follow this  
Guest silatix

bush, kerry or nader?

Guest govinda

As if I have to say.

Now go see what kind of red-mist lunacy is on the other side. See the comments to the stories here:

The Free Republic <---- warning, major cooties.

And here's an amazing take on Nader, which also goes into my hall of fame for clarity of writing on any subject:

Hendrik Hertzberg on Ralph Nader

Oh, and this is sooooo off-topic. :wink:

Guest parallax

Anyone other then Bush, obviously.

Not only is he a raving madman with a vitamin deficit, he's also got the stats to back it up.

He has al but run the US economy in the ground, turned around a surplus into the largest deficit ever, and got rid of some more jobs. Arranged tax-breaks for his high roller friends, cut back on veteran healthcare.

This is in the US only, and the list goes on and on!

Abroad, he has withdrawn from both Kyoto and the ABM treaty, invaded a country, passed a law to invade The Hague should an American appear before its judges, and made even more money while doing business with shady characters.

Again, the list goes on and on: he are some more: http://www.anti-sheep.com/archives/Bush-re...ord-archive.php

If his psycho senate friends have anything to say about it, you'll be living in a police state in no time, and you'll be flagged if you watch the Simpsons.

And we Dutchies will be sure to follow, with a Christian fundamentalist lapdog for a president, and things like this:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/ ('official' government policies/ideology)

The only thing Bush has achieved is being very anti-gay, and very anti-abortion, and a possible civil war in Iraq within the next 5 years with those Sjiites (the very people/fundamentalists he is trying to bomb out of Iran) turning Iraq in an islamic state by Sharia.

What i don't get is, why do you need Michael Moore to tell you all this? Most of the things in his Docu ARE facts, and are easily attainable/available on the Web AND in public records, even in printed media. This is stuff you could have known before Fahrenheit 9/11 was in cinemas. I agree, Fahrenheit is propaganda, but they are facts nonetheless. Its seems some people wouldnt understand anything else but propaganda.

Has Fox news that big a grip on the people? Or are there too much people marrying their nieces and nephwes?

Am i a pinko commie antiamerican bastard?

Guest silatix

Id hate to think im gullible at all.. but there was a moment there seriously before the war started that I though 'hmm, maybe this isnt such a bad idea'.. thats when i made her to try and only watch foreign news & read foreign papers.. they gave me the proper perspective..

Has Fox news that big a grip on the people? Or are there too much people marrying their nieces and nephwes?

bo040725.gif

Guest govinda

Remember that in this bastion of democracy the US, the votes of the people actually have zero constitutional power in choosing a president. It's the state Electors. They're not constitutionally bound to follow the vote in their state; they just always do.

But okay, my point is that I'm in CA. Others are in NY. Those states decided their 2004 vote back in about 1985--they're not going to go 'red' any time soon. I'd love to do more personal work for the candidate of my choice, but with my state already won, it's wasted effort.

The fact is that this election is about the 'swing states.' Some of us here are in those swing states.

I'm not laying anything on people here, but if I lived in PA, OH, FLA or even West Virginia and North Carolina, I'd be volunteering until my hands were raw. Those places are where the historic battle will be fought--the rest of us are just watching from the bleachers.

But what I really need are 5,000 people from CA to move to Ohio with me before September is out so we can have legal residency there for November. I'll chip in $50 for the bus rental. Who's in?

Guest silatix
But what I really need are 5,000 people from CA to move to Ohio with me before September is out so we can have legal residency there for November. I'll chip in $50 for the bus rental. Who's in?

oh man.. that state is so hopeless.. i was out there recently and this indian lady as me and my friends if we were gothic (none of us were even wearing black..)

and my 2 guy friends and a girl were shopping for clothes and someone at the register thought they were all going out and just couldnt believe the things that go on today

Guest govinda

Chowdaddy's right! There's a part of the Kerry acceptance speech that everyone seems to have missed.

John Kerry: I defended this country as a young man, and I'll defend it as president--with 100 ft tall nuclear-powered robots!

Guest parallax

That would be SO cool. I'd give up anything even remotely related with civil liberties and privacy just to get those 100 ft robots. Who wouldn't?

Robots are so cool, i want to crap my pants.

Guest jeanorama

Guys - we all want to see that little twerp smushed.

Please try and do something - volunteer even one day - make a few calls. At the least make sure you're registered and vote.

Throw them a little pocket change.

2800 people who supported Gore in one state didn't bother to vote last time, and he lost the state by about 100.

moveon.org has been cranking out anti bush commercials.

Some are very clever, some so/so.

Guest char siu

as soon as I saw that poster in the theater a few months ago, I said to my friend, "look, the predator is telling the alien to 'talk to the hand'"...

Guest bubba

This is the only cable news station giving

good balance and a clear perspective on

the convention.

The others are falling all over themselves

cooing over "Laura," "little Jena" "Barny"

and the rest of the freak show.

Ironically, Fox is being more moderate

than usual. MSNBC gets my vote for News Ho

this week.

Guest bubba

CNN didn't show up too well in the subjectl

Just want the visian impaired to know that CNN

are the GOOD GUYS. Giving us the real shit.

Guest grinner

I suspect it's much easier to hang onto office for four more years than it is to purchase one's way into it in the first place.

Bummer too. This doubles our chances of death.