Sign in to follow this  
TheDirtSyndicate

Number 23

yes, i saw there was another thread, but it was old and irrelevent.

sooo, who saw it?

i thought it was pretty good... my problem with the film is that at the end, they start explaining everything...

its almost as if they had a decent film, screened it, and some stupid producer just didn't get it and had a million questions, so they changed the movie to answer all his questions so there wouldn't be any confusion... thats what it felt like to me.

but aside from that i think they did a pretty good job.

also, IF did the opening titles and i thought they were pretty good too.

does anyone know where i can dwnld a high rez version of them?

my problem with the film is that at the end, they start explaining everything...

its almost as if they had a decent film, screened it, and some stupid producer just didn't get it and had a million questions, so they changed the movie to answer all his questions so there wouldn't be any confusion... thats what it felt like to me.

I always thought that about the movie "Castaway". At the end there is a sickeningly expositional scene at the end where the camera does a very slow orbit around Hanks as he just explains the movie's conclusion while his friend listens. I pretty sure they shot it way late in the game because Tom was fat in that scene whereas the rest of the movie he's way slim. But no doubt it was to appease the lowest common denominator.

Not to detract from 23, but I thought The Departed was the same way.

Great movie until you get to the end where in my opinion it started to go downhill.

Its as if they're trying to wrap things up in a hurry.

But if you saw Infernal Affairs 3 you would feel totally lost. I've not seen The Departed, but I can tell you the makers ran out of ideas when making the third film in the trilogy and just ended up making it nonsensical and utterly absurd.