Sign in to follow this  
iceman

After Effects CS3

CS3 after effects. I wonder who the whole plugin situation is going to go down. I mean we have been all waiting for AE Universal Binary, now when we get it. Will we have to wait for plugin to now go universal binary? Can't wait!

Most applications in the six-bundle release will be both Mac- and Windows-native, including all major components and their companion tools (Acrobat Connect, Bridge, Device Central, Dynamic Link, Stock Photos, and Version Cue). Only the Production Premium and Master Collection suites' video companion programs (OnLocation and Ultra) are limited to Windows systems.

I think It's just the OnLocation and Ultra companion programs that are windows only.

hope it runs well. It will be interesting to see what the pricing will be in the US. Especially with upgrades. Generally, I like what I see with PSD 10. Bye, bye, Go Live (not that I would be caught dead making a website, jk). When will it ship, hope they don't drag us out too long?

Why they don't offer a Mac bunlde with After effects is just stupid,...

What are you refering to? That would be the Production Studio Premium with AE, Encore, PPro, PS3D, IL and al lthe mini-tools. All natively Mac, would it not?

Mylenium

When will it ship, hope they don't drag us out too long?

Not for a while. I wouldn't count on anything solid before NAB for the video apps, though PS, Illustrator and InDesign might be available as standalone packages a bit earlier.

Mylenium

Why they don't offer a Mac bunlde with After effects is just stupid, and After Effects should be in the Web Premium package.

Mylenium is right, but the wording is a little confusing in the article:

"Only the Production Premium and Master Collection suites' video companion programs (OnLocation and Ultra) are limited to Windows systems."

When I first read it I thought the same thing, but it looks like OnLocation and Ultra are the only things that are not for Mac. The bundles are still available. I hope.

Guest Sao_Bento
I don't get why they don't have a bundle with web+after effects. Drives me nuts.

Hopefully that means they don't see AE as something to be merged with flash.

Mylenium is right, but the wording is a little confusing in the article:

"Only the Production Premium and Master Collection suites' video companion programs (OnLocation and Ultra) are limited to Windows systems."

When I first read it I thought the same thing, but it looks like OnLocation and Ultra are the only things that are not for Mac. The bundles are still available. I hope.

Oh I see now, but Encore is not written for OSX, unless it is now?

Guest Sao_Bento
Oh I see now, but Encore is not written for OSX, unless it is now?

i think it is os x now.

perhaps i'll finally buy a macbook once these come out.

although, it would be nice if they could work on the speed. all the post-CS apps are sooooooo slooooooooooow

I have been really happy running everything on my mac book pro and have been working everywhere around town except my office. I really don't notice the emulation on AE and it seems just as fast as my dual g5. But, I do save the render heavy plugins and finishing for the tower. I am looking forward to the possible/ probable speed boost to it running natively. Anyone know if they have a beta out yet?

Is there a possibility that Apple and Adobe are co-operating? New 8 core Macs and new UB versions of all the Adobe software being launched as part of the same marketing push? Seems unlikely with Adobe pitching Premiere against FCP, and Soundbooth against Soundtrack, and Apple bringing out Shake/Motion against AE.

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Creative-Suite...m/dp/B000OI2B00

dunno if this listing for Creative Suite 3 Production Premium is a slip up on amazon's part but in case they take it down:

"-Take advantage of After Effects CS3 Professional -- use Shape Layers for flexible drawing and animation of vector shapes; the Puppet tool, for shape animation; and Brainstorm to quickly experiment and refine designs using parameters you define

-Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 and Adobe OnLocation CS3 makes every phase of video production more efficient, with direct-to-disc recording and on-set monitoring tools, dramatic effects and improved slow motion & speed control

-New Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended and Illustrator CS3 enhances your video productions -- produce the highest quality images and vector illustrations & use new video layer support to edit and paint your video frame by frame, or clone between frames

-CS3 Flash Professional produces rich, interactive content; Export Flash video with cue points from After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Adobe Soundbooth

-Soundbooth CS3 removes noise from recordings, polishes voice-overs & customizes music and sound effects to fit a production

Product Description

Maximize your productivity with Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium. This total post-production solution features all-new video, audio, and design tools and tighter-than-ever integration between Adobe's video, audio, and design tools. Enjoy rich media authoring and audio tools for all formats, delivering content to film, video, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, the web, and mobile devices. You'll get a more fluid workflow when capturing, editing, compositing, or adding motion graphics & effects. Deliver your content to the widest possible audience and produce for tomorrow as well as today. Use Adobe Encore CS3 to author and export to standard-definition DVDs, high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and interactive DVD-style SWF-based menus Quick, effective keying with new Adobe Ultra CS3 -- create highly realistic background composites with drag-and-drop simplicity, even from marginal video sources Integration between After Effects, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, Encore, Soundbooth, and Flash streamlines your workflow Expanded output options, including mobile - Export 3GP and H.264 video for mobile phones, iPods and PSP systems, and other mobile devices"

I'm curious as to how good the "effective keying with new Adobe Ultra CS3" is, other than that I think I'd have to see "Shape Layers", "Puppet tool" and "Brainstorm" in action to really judge it.

Is there a possibility that Apple and Adobe are co-operating? New 8 core Macs and new UB versions of all the Adobe software being launched as part of the same marketing push? Seems unlikely with Adobe pitching Premiere against FCP, and Soundbooth against Soundtrack, and Apple bringing out Shake/Motion against AE.

(--deleted to avoid further misunderstandings--) Try to see it like this: Apple are not going to get happy users when they don't keep the large basis of PS, IL, AE, Acro, ID and whatnot working by fixing their OS, QT and a few other things. On the other hand, Apple will be quite happy if it can sel la few additional Macs due to new hardware requirements. (--deleted to avoid further misunderstandings--)

Mylenium

Edited by Mylenium

So is Soundbooth replacing Audition? I don't see Audition on that list, but the description of Soundbooth makes it sound kinda lame. Remove noise and intergrate into video? Is that all it's used for?

And Encore and Premiere on OSX again? Does this mean they're once again trying to compete with FCP and DVD Studio Pro?

Interesting...

So is Soundbooth replacing Audition? I don't see Audition on that list, but the description of Soundbooth makes it sound kinda lame. Remove noise and intergrate into video? Is that all it's used for?

...and you can bet that it will come with its own library of audio clips which are not compatible with Soundtrack/Garageband