Sign in to follow this  
coppa

.mov thumbnails

Guest Sao_Bento
Hi

How can i get a thumbnail preview of a Quicktime movie on windows ?

Thanks

You can drag the playhead to the frame you want, then choose "set poster frame" and save the movie (using QT player).

Ok i´ll rephrase my question:

Imagine i have a folder with quicktime , mpg and avi movies

On windows if i set the folder options to thumbnails i get an image preview ( thumbnail ) for the avi and mpg but not for the quicktime movies.

What i am asking is there any way of having that thumbnail preview before i click to see the movie on a mov format ?

Thanks

Edited by coppa

Ok i´ll rephrase my question:

Imagine i have a folder with quicktime , mpg and avi movies

On windows if i set the folder options to thumbnails i get an image preview ( thumbnail ) for the avi and mpg but not for the quicktime movies.

What i am asking is there any way of having that thumbnail preview before i click to see the movie on a mov format ?

Thanks

No, in most situations not. Unless someone followed Sao's suggestion and created poster frames explicitly (it embeds a JPG that should be visible as an icon/ thumbnail), there is no way to display the content of a file on Windows that belongs to a third-party system such as Quicktime.

Mylenium

There is a little Windows extension called QuickThumb.

It's not very stable though.

Yes i tried Quickthumb already but it never worked ... :angry:

Any programmer willing to do something like that ?

It shouldn´t be that difficult ... :unsure:

If you assimilate your .mov files into your Itunes Library, you'll have thumbnails for each. Not sure if that works for AVI, but hella handy for going through a large stock library

I'm having a reverse problem. Suddenly all my .mov files have thumbnails and as an added bonus I can't delete or rename any .mov's!!

I'm not sure if the thumbs is the problem but it seems to be connected somehow, an unnamed process is running in the background locking all these files. Anyone know what process is causing this???

I'm having a reverse problem. Suddenly all my .mov files have thumbnails and as an added bonus I can't delete or rename any .mov's!!

I'm not sure if the thumbs is the problem but it seems to be connected somehow, an unnamed process is running in the background locking all these files. Anyone know what process is causing this???

Sorry to be off topic, but i LOVE your avatar!!

Jim