Sign in to follow this  
cameron

my new reel

has don imus switched over to a career in mograph?

to be completely frank, your choice of music is probably treading into the "is this guy's idea of what's appropriate gonna be a social liability if i have him in my studio?" territory. and possibly more damaging is hearing the inflammatory lyrics of NWA while watching a semi-yawnish ABC network ID (not insulting your work-- what big three ID isn't overly tame?). kinda like seeing a soccer mom with a gold grill.

but regardless, the work looks good.

Yeah, the first track is too hardcore, the second is too soft IMO. Nice work though. Also, I'd cut it down to about half, keep it short and sweet.

On your site where it says "Do You Want To Go With Me?" I felt like I should be able to click Yes and go to some contact info, "Maybe" could replay the reel, and "No" should send them to my site ;)

It's spelled "collaboration" - just thought you might want to correct that before a prospective client or employer catches it (just below the video window).

Cf

(compulsive proofreader)

Your reel is tastey but the lyrics of the music are too much. You don't want to risk losing potential money from clients over a few words in your demo reel. Just a note from someone who might be like your future clients.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by digspat

keep the track, and keep it real! you dont have to use the shins or chemical brothers to make a watchable reel. in reality its dudes with filthy mouths that make alot of the raddest shit in the industry.

so everyone saying that he will potentially not get work because of dirty lyrics in his reel, well then he probably wouldnt want to work with such conservative narrow minded pricks anyways, but thats just me....

Fuck.

keep the track, and keep it real! you dont have to use the shins or chemical brothers to make a watchable reel. in reality its dudes with filthy mouths that make alot of the raddest shit in the industry.

so everyone saying that he will potentially not get work because of dirty lyrics in his reel, well then he probably wouldnt want to work with such conservative narrow minded pricks anyways, but thats just me....

Fuck.

yeah. c'mon seriously guys, how many of us really can sit down and take a good look in the mirror and honestly say that we are keeping it real? no seriously, think about it guys. because really guys, when we are doing those awesome ART projects for carbonated sugarwater and fabric softeners and fastfood chains, we should always really think about it and remember to KEEP IT REAL-- which apparently means to use the "N" word, especially if you're a white guy who went to a $30k/year art school. hellyeah!

---

i sincerely hope you were drunk when you typed that.

yeah. c'mon seriously guys, how many of us really can sit down and take a good look in the mirror and honestly say that we are keeping it real? no seriously, think about it guys. because really guys, when we are doing those awesome ART projects for carbonated sugarwater and fabric softeners and fastfood chains, we should always really think about it and remember to KEEP IT REAL-- which apparently means to use the "N" word, especially if you're a white guy who went to a $30k/year art school. hellyeah!

---

HAHAHAH its NWA dude, get with the program. shits real. for reeealllll. ive never animated fabric softners, which makes me less of a softy! bada bing, zinnnnggg!!!!!

oh man, thats too good.

goodnight.

thanks guys for all your thoughts on my reel. i may have to cut it down just a bit and i'm thinking i need to replace "collaboration" with a different "line." glad some of you liked it.

yeah. what's with the choice of track?

it's a very impressive reel visually.

when you say 'collaboration' what exactly did you do?

i actually changed the line on my site today, but by collaboration i meant that the majority of the stuff i did with prologue was designed by them and i took the design and animated. the rest of the stuff was pretty much designed and animated by me. does that even make sense? see, that's why i changed it. don't know if its any better though.

Hope I wasn't misunderstood, I definitely like the work. That's the thing with a song like that: everyone is so focused on the song that no one is talking about your work ;)

you seem to be right. everyone is focused on the song. i kinda thought that would happen though. glad to hear you liked my work. thanks. your little quote under your name is killer. ha.

O.k. So I like the Reel, and it's always uplifting to see A Hallmark ad with ice cube letting punk mother fuckers know. But back to the reel I do like it and to me the music wasn't bad, but then again you can find that track and a whole bunch more on my ipod. A really quick fix is to find the instrumental for that track and plug it in then everyone is happy and your still "keepig it Real" for all the OG's in the world.

just my 2cents.

great work.

and the choice of music doesn't really matter, as long as you got it all synced, this notepad in the website is also cool.,

I dig your style.

thanks. its always good to hear positive feedback.

---

hell yeah! how many of you are keeping it real? and on a side note, how many of you went to art school? i couldn't bring myself to do it. had to teach myself.

hell yeah! how many of you are keeping it real? and on a side note, how many of you went to art school? i couldn't bring myself to do it. had to teach myself.

i guess calling someone out for making the N word's appearance in the first 10 secs (and trying to help them out by pointing that out) the most noticeable thing on their reel is apparently keeping it too real.

btw, the industry standard method of crediting yourself for those roles that were in question, ala collaboration, is as "animator". sorry if i'm being too real by mentioning this, but it's genuinely meant to help.

and if it matters, the expensive art school remark was more of a blanket statement not really directed specifically at you.