Sign in to follow this  
cameron

my new reel

i'd say using that song is not the best choice in general, but it will for sure speak to the right people. like me for example. i like to work with people who aren't afraid to polarize other people and keep it real. if i saw this reel, i'd definitely give you a call.

on the other hand, dave chappelle has extensively documented what can happen when we keep it real: unemployment, lost friends, even jail.

the choice is yours. personally, i'd tone it down a bit, but it's up to you. it's a roll of the dice.

Great work...

But why risk alienating/turning off a potential employer with that song when there's so much great "clean" music out there you could use instead? Even if it's just one person who gets majorly turned off by the song, it's still not worth it...

Great work...

But why risk alienating/turning off a potential employer with that song when there's so much great "clean" music out there you could use instead? Even if it's just one person who gets majorly turned off by the song, it's still not worth it...

In my opinion that one client isn't someone I probably want to work for.

How's the mograph scene in KC?

Mograph in KC kinda stinks. The company I work for for the dayjob is cool. We have some decent mograph projects come through the door. Down the street is MK12. Haven't done any work for them though. Other than that I have to do remote freelance to get the cool gigs.

I'm sorry I thought this was all resolved in 1992. White guys should never use the "N' word in conversation, but they can use it when singing along to gangsta-rap songs. Which pretty much means they can use it for demo-reels. The song works well, and you can tell by his work that he's not "controversial."

I got so caught up with the NWA song I forgot to compliment you on your work. Good job, I recognize most of your work, but have you ever done anything for the Baysinger Group?

Many, many, many years ago I had to opportunity to work for the Baysinger Group. Let me just say that it was quite the experience. One I quickly forgot.