Sign in to follow this  
lemar

VOTE: Most geekiest voice over, in video tutorials

I d give my vote to mylenium.

p.s

thanks to all those giving out tuts

some could also make money in the "make you sleep in less than 2 minutes" business

Edited by lemar

I don't want to diss any of the people that have taken the time to produce a free tutorial, as I really appreciate them sharing the love.........

Although in saying that I do have to mention this crazy dude that posted a tutorial on.....maybe....C4D cafe about producing a 'sea' with solids and deformers.

I think the guy either had a mild case of tourettes, was possessed or had some bloody annoying kids that he felt the need to maniacally curse while doing the tutorial.

It was a surreal experience...a little frightening at times but I managed to get through it.... :unsure:

Two, easy. The Lynda.com Javascript guy, good god. And then the Gnomon tag-team (with the occasionally girlgeek) doing the non-funny banter over their Maya tutes, just unlistenable, done at 4am or something when everyone was not only punchy but geekypunchy, cracking bad jokes. You can almost smell the unwashed socks.

I actually like Mylenium's voice a lot. It's so precise and German. But I start to not listen to the content because I am amused by his over emphasis on textual perfection. He's one step away from "Now is the moment whithin this tutorial where I laugh......ha.......ha........Now that this laughter is completed we can proceed".

;)

Also Aharon at the Cow. The fact that his voice is so VO-like on a tutorial rather than the customary "guy chillin" tone it comes off as geeky to me because the excitement level.

I also always get a kick out of "Hello everyone, my name is 3Dkiwi..." I love his Kiwi accent.

And Andrew Kramer I give the award to for just getting on with it. I like his tuts because he assumes you know how to move a mouse and click while not drooling on yourself at the same time. He cuts to the chase and doesn't start from scratch everytime.

And Andrew Kramer I give the award to for just getting on with it. I like his tuts because he assumes you know how to move a mouse and click while not drooling on yourself at the same time. He cuts to the chase and doesn't start from scratch everytime.

Yeah I'll cast my vote of coolness for Andrew Kramer. Harry's are quite good too. :)

what is it about 3D guys that their voices always sound the same? for example, the 3DBuzz.com guy, the lynda.com 3DS guy... they all sound like they have swollen tongues and just guzzled a gallon of milk or something. it's hard to explain, but this thread tells me i'm not the only one who notices.

the voice of Eran Stern in the simple-morph-podcast > http://podcasts.creativecow.net/after-effe...st/simple-morph is funny too, but the god of funny voices was and is and will ever be mülenium with his far-from-the-eastside-german-slang in his mögraph-tuals > "oser interpöläsion mesods...." > http://library.creativecow.net/articles/my...raph_tracer.php

Edited by optec

Since this thread has been resurrected, no one beats Dr. Sassi at Cineversity.

I think I heard that Lynda guy once... and it made me want to steal his lunch money.

I'm so-so on Sassi's tutorials, but I really dig his enthusiasm and I LOVE his intro.

"Hello... this is Sassi with your daily TOOL-time annnd... here we start!"

He also has no shame at laughing at his own jokes. You get the sense that he really cracks himself up. :)

-m

Guest Sao_Bento
Most adorable goes to Janine Pauke of 3dfluff.com. Every time I hear her voice I think of bunnies and sunshine.

I can't help but picture Björk when listening to her.