Sign in to follow this  
the_Monkey

OS X Surprise

Anybody else notice you have to push the eject key longer to eject a a CD/DVD? I sat on this behavior quietly for awhile thinking I was either high or paranoid (or high and paranoid) until I finally broke my silence last week. Co-workers confessed to noticing the same, but not saying anything about it. Updated as of 10.4.9 for all of us with rogue fingers.

-m

Guest Sao_Bento
Anybody else notice you have to push the eject key longer to eject a a CD/DVD? I sat on this behavior quietly for awhile thinking I was either high or paranoid (or high and paranoid) until I finally broke my silence last week. Co-workers confessed to noticing the same, but not saying anything about it. Updated as of 10.4.9 for all of us with rogue fingers.

-m

Yes, it's slow to respond. I thought maybe my keyboard was on the blink.

Actually the keyboard is waiting to hear anger in your voice like "Hurry the fuck up!". You just happen to be holding your finger longer at the same time while mashing the key in frustration. Gestalt.

Same thing with the control-eject, the shortcut for restart-sleep-shut down-cancel. Until this thread, I thought it was disabled, but it's just a delay.

Same here. But before I (Well, I think other people as well) press it by accident too many times because it's near the 'delete' key.. So I think Apple did it in purpose.

I was about to go to the local Apple store and ask them what's up with my MacBookPro that I recently purchased. I guess it's not an isolated problem. At least it saved me a trip from having to talk to "them".

I always wondered why the hell Steve Jobs wouldn't add a puny eject/load button on Macs...I guess holding and waiting for the F12 key to eject the DVD/CD tray is ok for you guys :wacko:

cool designers machines dont have eject buttons....

sorry i can´t help it

no to platform wars!!!

Edited by javier g

lol...I'm sure you were being sarcastic, but Macs are just like PC's especially the Intel Macs....only difference is the operating system, which is built on *nix. I'm fluent in both and am a certified Mac user, but PC's are always better for me because I could build one myself and save a bunch of money. I am going to get a MacBook Pro 17" very soon though and dual boot OSX with Windows.

Both platforms provide the same thing. It's upto you to create good stuff. Having a Mac doesn't make you a "cool designer" or etc., it's just hype that Steve Jobs and Mac aficionados like to show off. Same with the iPods...I have an iRiver and it is MUCH better than an iPod 20GB that I used to own (non Video)...supported built in FM tuner, built in Mic, optical in/out (unheard of in portable MP3 players) and in the end the iPod won because of hype.

yes, the thing is that in my country (argentina) macs are way too expensive in comparison with a generic pc wich in the end, for half price runs a lot faster and smoother.

Guest Sao_Bento
lol...I'm sure you were being sarcastic, but Macs are just like PC's especially the Intel Macs....only difference is the operating system, which is built on *nix. I'm fluent in both and am a certified Mac user, but PC's are always better for me because I could build one myself and save a bunch of money. I am going to get a MacBook Pro 17" very soon though and dual boot OSX with Windows.

Both platforms provide the same thing. It's upto you to create good stuff. Having a Mac doesn't make you a "cool designer" or etc., it's just hype that Steve Jobs and Mac aficionados like to show off. Same with the iPods...I have an iRiver and it is MUCH better than an iPod 20GB that I used to own (non Video)...supported built in FM tuner, built in Mic, optical in/out (unheard of in portable MP3 players) and in the end the iPod won because of hype.

So, when do you turn 16?

Guest Sao_Bento
Right after you turn 42 and lose your virginity.

Thanks for the confirmation of my assertion. :lol:

If you need to get laid, let me know...

Sao, I guess your wife was inseminated then for your 2 children? ;)

Edited by C.Smith

Guest Sao_Bento
He can't be 16... he already told us he's 22 and has been editing for 10 years in this thread.

No wonder he knows so much about computers.

-m

Maybe his "emotional IQ" was throwing me.

Sao, sarcasm is like a second language to me, so don't even try that. You're an admin...sure you like to have fun here and there, but most of the threads I've read, you seem to have some type of fixation on handling yourself oddly and you seem out of place in this business.

I make alot of jokes in real life and I am severly sarcastic, but there was none of that put in this thread in the first place. So I still don't see why you keep following me around...maybe that's why you have almost 2,000. You should go back to work or get off the computer for a while.

Also I hope English is your second language, because "Emotional IQ" does not make any sense at all. There is no such thing.

You can preview your reply right before you post, so I hope you use it next time and stop making yourself look like a complete jackass.

Edited by MakReturns

Also I hope English is your second language, because "Emotional IQ" does not make any sense at all. There is no such thing.

I assume he is talking about the same Emotional IQ That was a huge talking point in the mid-nineties. It's not an official test but it's still an interesting theory like put forth in this Quiz Here.