Sign in to follow this  
Pat Reilly

Creative way of life

Here is a link I saw today on Digg, http://www.productdose.com/article.php?article_id=5854

And it got me thinking, how many people try to live there life's in a creative way or try to do something that helps them think out side that box and look back in? Some things I stated to do this year is to meditate every day, draw one or two things and fill a full 8.5x11 piece paper. It was hard at first to make this a every day thing but the more I did it the more I wanted to do it. So I want to here from you guys and girls on what you think of this, and see if any one is trying to do something like this in there life? If you are share your new ideas and let us know.

Thanks!

yeah - i want to manage my time better so i can do something creative on a daily basis.

I'm going to purchase a DSLR and take more photos - but I'm also interested in reclaiming my drawing skills - i used to draw everyday, and i feel i need to brush up on my technique. I try to paint on the weekends. I've got two paintings on the go at the moment.

Exercise is something i need to do more of though! i may go for a run tonight!

Check out Stretch Daily this guy is pretty cool...

Interesting stuff indeed. I never eat breakfast, tho eat at mid-morning, then dinner. And that seems enough most days. Knew a Rasta guy some time ago who said 'giz is bad for you, man!' I think what he was really saying was that it diverted his life energy away from other activities, tho I always felt differently about that myself.

I really don't meditate per se, but do try and spend some time in a quiet, peaceful environment to get myself more centered. I feel that solutions are developed on some sort of subconscious level though I am not intentionally thinking of anything.

Interesting article- thanks for sharing that.

Triad

If I spent my time concentrating on being creative, it would interfere with my work.

Just take 30 - 60 min each day or every other day, you will find your work can be done faster if your direction and your main idea is very clear and vivid in your mind. "Nothing bad can happen from mediation"

Edited by Pat Reilly

Interesting stuff indeed. I never eat breakfast, tho eat at mid-morning, then dinner.

Triad

Damn thats really unhealthy. The breakfest is considered the most important meal of the day. If I dont get breakfest I would feel dizzy and slow as a sloth 2 hours after waking up... :blink: