Sign in to follow this  
Marc Z

Future of Mograph

I'd be willing to donate $5 monthly. If you think about it, if you have 10ppl do this thats $50mo and i'm sure there are more than 10 people who would be willing to donate as such.

For the (soon to be)price of a gallon of gas... $5

It really wouldnt break my bank and it looks like i may learn alot from this place (as i continue to lurk) :)

Guess i'll see how it turns out..

Why not charge to post jobs or get into the placement business. You could still keep the free job listings if you want. Companies could pay a little for a sticky, or front page ad, or maybe even broadcasted PM (I never get PMs and wouldn't find it annoying). It's more progressive than a banner ad and will probably pay better. People are looking to change jobs all the time. And companies will shell out some coin to look more professional on a board with this many quality candidates. Just my .02.

not a bad idea really. Tho the thought of unsolicited PMs is a bit much however (plus would be a lot of db/server overhead).

I'm the editor of SubmarineChannel and we would also be interested to host the blog. We've got plently of bandwidth to use, we have several of our own servers with lots of space to host projects, and on top of that, 2 editors and several developers who can maintain the blog in the tradition of Mograph. Submarinechannel is non profit, which, I think could be a great benefit. And we have a similar target audience as Mograph: creators, filmmakers, designers interested in innovative film, motion graphics, animation. SubmarineChannel is connected to the production studio Submarine.

In case you've never heard of Submarinechannel. We host (and ininiate) projects such as Forget the Film, Watch the Titles (about the art of film title design), Pretty Cool People Interviews (video interviews with creators), Chunks (a collection of short films and music videos), Pause - Freezing Music Video Culture (a collection of music videos), MiniMovies (documentaries for the digital age) such as A Second Life Odyssey (broadcast by HBO), and several animation series, and games. SubmarineChannel is a non profit, public online channel run. So we are a foundation, not a company, funded by the Ministry of Culture, Education and Science.

Here are some of our projects.

SubmarineChannel

Submarine

Pretty Cool People Interviews

Forget the Film, Watch the Titles

Chunks

Minimovie: A Second Life Odyssey

etc

etc

Guest Sao_Bento
So, ummm... is it cool to come back?

Last time I checked in on the site it looked like it had been hacked.

I'd love to come back and participate in the community. Long time no see, right?

We're still here. The big hack knocked out the data base, so everyone had to re-register and start their post count over. Things have been pretty good since then, except for the occasional spammer.

Welcome back.