Sign in to follow this  
ESC

Pixelmator

Guest dumbo

looks interesting... wonder how much impact it will have on photoshop though?

Pixelmator.jpg

Guest Sao_Bento
uh, it looks almost exactly like photoshop, so whats the point? :huh:

To me, having choice in the marketplace is invaluable.

uh, it looks almost exactly like photoshop, so whats the point? :huh:

It's GPU accelerated, supports CoreImage, and seems to have iLife type access to iPhoto. But really, it's the cool dark grey GUI that makes all the difference ;)

I think it sounds pretty cool, and it might be a great tool for people that aren't too excited about PS's price point. From their tag line, I can only imagine it will not be expensive.

and...if you can make a straight alpha out of it in less than 10 steps, it might just be better than PS Extended. ;)

I would seriously consider using this product over PS if they switch to a non "floating window" interface. Less time moving around palettes, more time working.

Yeah I guess the slate gray menus doesn't make a whole lot of sense if the colorful background shows thru.

Guest dumbo
I think it sounds pretty cool, and it might be a great tool for people that aren't too excited about PS's price point. From their tag line, I can only imagine it will not be expensive.

and...if you can make a straight alpha out of it in less than 10 steps, it might just be better than PS Extended. ;)

looks like its way cheap! Pixelmator 1.0 will be available in late July for $59 (US).

and video of it in action