Sign in to follow this  
Guest majk

Exhibition loops...

Guest majk

Hi guys,

As I'm mainly a print/online designer with not much experience in the arts of broadcast/TV work, I really need your help...

I’ve been asked to do 4 different "instruction" videos that will be looped on plasma screens at an exhibition my client's doing in a couple of weeks.

And my question is;

If they decide to go down the route of streaming it from a computer to monitor via RGB (or DVI), what resolution would you recommend? To work in 1024x764 like the monitors? Or downscale the monitor’s resolution and work in 800x600? Or am I completely out there in my line of thinking?

If they would just realize that it'd be better to do s-video and I could work in PAL.... oh well.

Any info/experience/tips on designing motion for exhibition displays would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

// Majk

Guest SermonOfMockery

can't you just make a DVD? that seems like the easiest (and cheapest) route to me...

Guest majk

True. That could be done...

Cause if they chose to run the DVD from a computer that wouldn't matter much quality wise... Good tip.

Thanks!

Any other basic "think about this" tips for a first-time exhibition designer?

// Majk.

Guest majk

will do.

what authoring tool would you guys recommend, I mean - I guess I could get Encore (as mainly use adobe @ work) - but that seems a bit overkill to just make a looping DVD...

Any suggestions? (I'm on a PC btw)...

// Majk.

Guest SermonOfMockery

encore is pretty awful but on the PC it is my favorite... if all you need to do is make something that loops TMPG DVD Author works well.