Sign in to follow this  
monovich

quick! need a jumbotron

I know I've done this, but I can't find the effect in AE to turn a layer into a lowres jumbotron-esque image of itself. I'm looking for something like "Mosaic" but that already has the cell boarders rendered into it.

thanks for any help.

I know I've done this, but I can't find the effect in AE to turn a layer into a lowres jumbotron-esque image of itself. I'm looking for something like "Mosaic" but that already has the cell boarders rendered into it.

thanks for any help.

CC Ball Action.

I think a better and more controllable way to do it these days would be with Particular.

What can you not do with Particular?

Use a Layer Grid Emitter and set the source Layer to your footage ...

Guest Sao_Bento
I think a better and more controllable way to do it these days would be with Particular.

What can you not do with Particular?

Use a Layer Grid Emitter and set the source Layer to your footage ...

It depends on the level of control you need. For the basic effect, Ball Action is faster to set up and render.

It depends on the level of control you need. For the basic effect, Ball Action is faster to set up and render.

ball action got me going, but you're right, it's not very flexible. more control of the balls would be nice. Even just the shading.

Ball action seems to be about playing with particles and just happens to make a decent grid, but I wonder if there are better grid/pixelation/jumbotron solutions out there...

Guest Sao_Bento
ball action got me going, but you're right, it's not very flexible. more control of the balls would be nice. Even just the shading.

Ball action seems to be about playing with particles and just happens to make a decent grid, but I wonder if there are better grid/pixelation/jumbotron solutions out there...

Like brandj said - try particular.