Sign in to follow this  
Guest pokeitwithastick

Scary stuff....

Guest pokeitwithastick

Blimey...

Just watched a doco called 'OutFoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism'

Absolutely brilliant, thought provoking, sickening and bloody scary.

I edit for ABC News alot here in London and I thought that they were Partisan in their style and content choice. But in comparison to Fox they are a picture of objectivity, and a shining beacon to journalistic integrity. And that's saying something.

I urge everyone in the US to see this film, And at the very least not expose youself to Fox's utter right wing, neo-con, warmongering, ignorant bullshit.

Guest govinda

Oh yeah, those graphics...I saw this two months ago at a MoveOn event. I almost cried at those graphics. Nothing says 'second rate' like cheesy supers.

Funny to get other countries' reactions to Fox. In most other Western nations, Fox wouldn't last a day on the air--though in print a bias such as theirs is much easier to sustain (i.e., the competing London dailies, one lib, one conservative).

For example, they claim at Fox that Canada won't allow them on the air. In fact, Canada allows them but Fox declines. Something about how their character assassinations could be considered libelous in a country without the US's liberal free speech protections. And Fox is always sliming the American Civil Liberties Union all the while hiding behind the things that the ACLU sacrifices every day for...

Meanwhile, O'Reilly calls for a boycott of Canada because they supposedly refuse to allow Fox News.

Want the scoop on Fox crap? Fox is bitchslapped every day at mediamatters.org.

Guest silatix

i used to work with bill o'reillys wife.. poor poor lady

if fox ever went under.. who would air the simpsons.. thats the real question

Guest chief
Fair & balanced.

there's actually a lawsuit filed against foxnews claiming the trademark is "misleading,deceptive, and notoriously mis-descriptive."

info here. funny, when you make a donation to the group filing the suit, you get a free copy of "outfoxed" documentary dvd.