Sign in to follow this  
stranger than fiction

STOP MOTION IN AFTER EFFECTS

HI FOLKS! I m working on a project wich involves a lot of stop motion work. They gave me some photoshop pics and they want me to animate them simulating the stop motion technic. I think i will go with animating little of the position and a little of the rotation values to give it more of a real hands-moving-paper feel, and then precompose them and move them regularly like i would do in any motion project. Because this is just a test i would like to know if anyone can guide me on this. If not thanks anyway.

Best Regards,

STF!

HI FOLKS! I m working on a project wich involves a lot of stop motion work. They gave me some photoshop pics and they want me to animate them simulating the stop motion technic. I think i will go with animating little of the position and a little of the rotation values to give it more of a real hands-moving-paper feel, and then precompose them and move them regularly like i would do in any motion project. Because this is just a test i would like to know if anyone can guide me on this. If not thanks anyway.

Best Regards,

STF!

you can set your in and out keyframes, and then generate keyframes inbetween with the wiggler. then set all those to hold keyframes, go in, delete some and move some around. flickr some lights and you are set.

you should mess around with polarize time too, should help pull off a more stop frame look / feel!

I like the idea of that. If it works like converting rectangular to polar coordinates, then I guess we could introduce curved time into our motion graphics

Speaking of not playing properly, we should hit up COD soon and piss people off again, that was fun.

yea man, ive been bad about wasting my time in front of the xbox. we should set a time soon.