Sign in to follow this  
C.Smith

CSTools: Free C4D Goodies

Pure gold there - had a quick play and some definite usefulness, and major time savings.

3d stroke - lovely, and simplicity itself to use

Lighting rigs - nice, would it be handy to be able to adjust shadows in the daylight rig?

Sin node - nice for generating patterns, would be great with mograph instancer and tracer

Easycam - again simplicity to use. I guess what I would really like is a multicamera version of this, not sure if this is possible, but two positions are not usually enough. I had a look at SteadycamPro - which looks a bit too complicated. I think if you could extend the simplicity of your tool to several cameras, it would be fantastic.

Pure gold there - had a quick play and some definite usefulness, and major time savings.

3d stroke - lovely, and simplicity itself to use

Lighting rigs - nice, would it be handy to be able to adjust shadows in the daylight rig?

Sin node - nice for generating patterns, would be great with mograph instancer and tracer

Easycam - again simplicity to use. I guess what I would really like is a multicamera version of this, not sure if this is possible, but two positions are not usually enough. I had a look at SteadycamPro - which looks a bit too complicated. I think if you could extend the simplicity of your tool to several cameras, it would be fantastic.

Shucks, guys. :P

Re: Lighting Rig Shadows. Good idea. I didn't originally because doing shadows how the user wants may be way more complicated than what shoud be in a simple tool. I make these tools so that when a user is in "creative mode" they don't have to futz with too much shit. Then when you're ready for shadows, twirl down the null to get to the area lights and set them how you want. But it does make sense to make a shadow checkbox to turn on a soft/hard shadow for the "sun" or rimlight. But I imagine on final render you would still want to set a lot more shadow parameters the way you want.

Re: Easycam. What do you mean by multicam? Meaning more in-between points rather than Start and End? I know there is steadicam Pro, but kind of like my description, I wanted to have a camera that does pretty much like a physical film set would have. To me something like Steadycam pro is way overkill for anything I would ever want to shoot. Since most cuts we ever see in film are less than a few seconds and the cam isn't too complicated, I wanted this tool to stay that way as well if that makes sense.

For example. Here is an animatic I did for a spot we were working on. It uses CS_Daylight for the lighting (duh), CS_Fog for the dust, and every shot (minus a couple "car mount" shots) was CS_Easycam.

http://sugarfilmproduction.com/Salute1.mov

I was thinking of adding a a pulldown menu for rotations though. One option would be like it is : morph between _S and _E then there would be 'tangential' to its own path option then "look at target". But once again, I try to keep these as simple as possible so if I don't NEED something, I try not to add it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Lighting Rig Shadows. Good idea. I didn't originally because doing shadows how the user wants may be way more complicated than what shoud be in a simple tool. I make these tools so that when a user is in "creative mode" they don't have to futz with too much shit. Then when you're ready for shadows, twirl down the null to get to the area lights and set them how you want. But it does make sense to make a shadow checkbox to turn on a soft/hard shadow for the "sun" or rimlight. But I imagine on final render you would still want to set a lot more shadow parameters the way you want.

Makes sense, though for rough exterior shots, a hard/soft sun shadow might be a good starting point.

Re: Easycam. What do you mean by multicam? Meaning more in-between points rather than Start and End?
thats what I was trying to say...
I know there is steadicam Pro, but kind of like my description, I wanted to have a camera that does pretty much like a physical film set would have. To me something like Steadycam pro is way overkill for anything I would ever want to shoot. Since most cuts we ever see in film are less than a few seconds and the cam isn't too complicated, I wanted this tool to stay that way as well if that makes sense.

I can see why, for your purposes, this is all you need. I was thinking of more mograph-style camera moves, not limited by physical reality, using several rapid camera moves instead of cuts.

For example. Here is an animatic I did for a spot we were working on. It uses CS_Daylight for the lighting (duh), CS_Fog for the dust, and every shot (minus a couple "car mount" shots) was CS_Easycam.

http://sugarfilmproduction.com/Salute1.mov

very nice previs - I can see how useful that would be in selling the concept.

I was thinking of adding a a pulldown menu for rotations though. One option would be like it is : morph between _S and _E then there would be 'tangential' to its own path option then "look at target". But once again, I try to keep these as simple as possible so if I don't NEED something, I try not to add it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Always a balance between adding functionality, and making something too complicated or unreliable.

Edited by basilisk

More thoughts on Easicam:

I think that some rotational control might be good. It's easy enough to add a camera target manually.

You have a focal length parameter, but maybe it would be be good to have the option of "morphing" between your start and end camera parameters - e.g. focal length, and focus depth settings.