Sign in to follow this  
C.Smith

CSTools: Free C4D Goodies

Hi Chris,

I hardly ever post on forums, but just had to login to say thanks for these tools. If you were a girl I would kiss you. Heck. I'd even be open to trying new things.

In all seriousness, you're awesome for sharing these. THANKS!!

Chris

Hi Chris,

I hardly ever post on forums, but just had to login to say thanks for these tools. If you were a girl I would kiss you. Heck. I'd even be open to trying new things.

In all seriousness, you're awesome for sharing these. THANKS!!

Chris

Wow. Thanks for the nice first post. Glad you like. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to mention.

Hi All,

Today after countless times being frustrated at opening the CS Tools documentation and having to scroll to the relevant plugin section, I have decided to compile it in a simple HTML format.

I am sure a few of you might enjoy that too so I obviously decided to share.

CS Tools HTML documentation

Maybe if Chris is happy with this and if he keeps on giving us the fabulous fruits of his generous labour, then I could provide you with a template with css maybe to make it look nicer and easier to update?

Another thing I'd like to do is to have a sort of plugin menu in C4D where I can load the scene files and the html doc too. Coffee anyone? Rui Batista here?

See the picture there I've Photoshoped. But I can't do that!!! Maybe I should buy Rui's book!

CS_Tools.jpg

Thanks for doing that Antoine (Although the docs are going to change soon ;) ). I wish I could do that drop down menu. You can definitely do it in C++, but if you can do it in coffee, I'm fairly sure the whole plug-in would need to be made in coffee as well. (maybe not).

I do envy that about Maya. That any chunk of code can be dragged to a tool bar and become a button.

But for now, you can always put everything in the Content Browser and set the views the way you like it.

But that drop-menu DOES look good :)

I can't thank you enough for these tools.

Thanks, Guys.

Bas, unfortunately for you I grew up a city-boy. My dad was in broadcasting and despised anyone having any sort of regional accent. I barely leave my Uptown/Downtown area for fear of the hillbillies that surround me :unsure:

Chris, just wanted to say thanks alot for the tools!

I have been dabbling in c4d for a while, with slow progress...

however, due to your tools my understanding of the program has developed alot faster!!!

I am really looking forward to the new tutorials.

thanks again

- d

Edited by dmc

Crhis, that video is really awesome! How many of these are you planning to make!?

Not sure exactly. Probably 10 or so. Enough to cover all the tools in logical groups.

Not sure exactly. Probably 10 or so. Enough to cover all the tools in logical groups.

nice work on those tools again.

I just used DocuCam on the job I'm working on. Worked out pretty nice. Really nice, actually. My only issue was that occasionally the 'Turb' null wouldn't reset its banking correctly and keep accumulating rotational values. So when I went to do multiple renders, the cam wasn't lining up. I ended up baking the camera and all was well. I'm still unsure whether it was user error, or something is a little off with the DocuCam - but I am leaning towards blaming the tool ;) .

anyway, thanks again. i owe you even more beer now. Let me know the next time you are in LA an I will gladly pay up.

-a

nice work on those tools again.

I just used DocuCam on the job I'm working on. Worked out pretty nice. Really nice, actually. My only issue was that occasionally the 'Turb' null wouldn't reset its banking correctly and keep accumulating rotational values. So when I went to do multiple renders, the cam wasn't lining up. I ended up baking the camera and all was well. I'm still unsure whether it was user error, or something is a little off with the DocuCam - but I am leaning towards blaming the tool ;) .

anyway, thanks again. i owe you even more beer now. Let me know the next time you are in LA an I will gladly pay up.

-a

Did you set the Reset Frame parameter to the frame you start your animation on? If you don't it will accumulate over time. The reset frame resets every noise function back to a common point so it never changes no matter how many times you play the animation.

Did you set the Reset Frame parameter to the frame you start your animation on? If you don't it will accumulate over time. The reset frame resets every noise function back to a common point so it never changes no matter how many times you play the animation.

ahh. thats gotta be it. I jump around a bit when I animate and I am sure that I did not play it through and let it reset. user error it is! thanks again.

ahh. thats gotta be it. I jump around a bit when I animate and I am sure that I did not play it through and let it reset. user error it is! thanks again.

Yeah, that Reset Frame triggers a piece of Coffee code to reset everything to a common point. If it never hits that frame, it will drift all over.

UPDATE 3.7.08

-New Tool : CS_Cluster

-More Examples in the Examples folder (Including a great one from TheMonkey).

- New "Stop Motion" feature in CS_VibrateNull2. Turn it on and it takes on a quantized, stop motion look.

- Many small updates. Color coding of the Procedural nulls. Few cosmetic changes.

- CS Nulls Video Tutorial included

CS_Cluster : This is for the thing where you usually have a logo. Then a bunch of objects fan out from behind it. This tool has two sides. Drop objects in the drop boxes for each side. The objects will spring sequentially out from the origin. Controls for offset, fan angles, speed, bounciness etc. As usual, no keyframes needed.

DOWNLOAD link in my sig.

Thz for these Tools Mr. Smith ^_^ ... great for learning XPresso.

BTW... Great Photos on your site!! too bad Kimi didn't win that Italian GP...but hey he got the WC.. guess things can't be too perfect B)

too bad Kimi didn't win that Italian GP...but hey he got the WC.. guess things can't be too perfect B)

Man, when Kimi was at McLaren, I was HUGE Kimi fan. I still have many aging Kimi T-shirts in the closet. But once he went to Ferrari, I switched to Lewis. I don't know, I just have a thing for McLaren. A Finn in red doesn't work for me :(

Man, when Kimi was at McLaren, I was HUGE Kimi fan. I still have many aging Kimi T-shirts in the closet. But once he went to Ferrari, I switched to Lewis. I don't know, I just have a thing for McLaren. A Finn in red doesn't work for me :(

He still is Kimi ! for sure the red doesn't go well ... but still what a great champion ... But i can't wait to see if Lewis will hold the pressure of the second year.

Soon a new season!

Hey Chris, thanks for the tools!

My brother and I used the CS_Flux to create looping backgrounds for a live event, playing back on a 30ft, 3:1 widescreen. Looked great, I'll post up a pic sometime soon.

Anyway, come to the Silverstone GP this year, I'll be working on it as a cameraman at the after-race party concert thing.

thanks again.

My brother and I used the CS_Flux to create looping backgrounds for a live event, playing back on a 30ft, 3:1 widescreen. Looked great, I'll post up a pic sometime soon.

Please post the pic sometime. Would love to see it.