Sign in to follow this  
C.Smith

CSTools: Free C4D Goodies

GEEZ--thanks so much!

Meant to tell you Joel. Your animations you posted at CGTalk was awesome. Loved the ActionCam ver.

Did you do the molecular growth with cloners?

Meant to tell you Joel. Your animations you posted at CGTalk was awesome. Loved the ActionCam ver.

Did you do the molecular growth with cloners?

Thanks chris--was inspired by the thread on that Processing script/app that is elsewhere in this forum.

Yes--I just built cloners which targeted the surface of other cloners--till I had a big mess of a file. both examples were actually the same scene but with different materials and your 2 camera rigs (pushed to the unuseable liimit :) ). Really just some r and d there.

I remember you were trying to work on an organic branching tool at one point? (similar concept to some of those Processing results). If this kind of thing were developed we might have the begiinings of something in c4d that would be similar to some of the rsults you can get in processing. I guess we have a few options already--Xfrog, dpit, jenna, and mograph--not to mention what can be done with thinking particles.

Its also intersting to think about how different design trends develop--if they reflect something in our colllective consciousness that we resonate with.

The flowing ribbons that became so popular and then branching growing objects--and then on to complex mathematical lattices like in processing. Id like to think that theres something going on there with our attraction to these forms--but probably its just that the plugins exist and the stuff looks cool. Sorry--too much crack tonight. :unsure:

Edited by JoelD

Thanks chris--was inspired by the thread on that Processing script/app that is elsewhere in this forum.

Yes--I just built cloners which targeted the surface of other cloners--till I had a big mess of a file. both examples were actually the same scene but with different materials and your 2 camera rigs (pushed to the unuseable liimit :) ). Really just some r and d there.

Joel,

Could we possibly grab a link, searched all over cgtalk and couldn't find the post, I'd love to have a look.

Thx.

Wow! Thanks for making these. I've got a couple of weeks of C4D experience under my belt, and these tools are helping out in so many ways.

Not only can I do shatter FX, BUT 3D ARROWS!!!! Here come the big bucks!

Counting the seconds.

Didn't realise we had so many F1 fans on the forum - I'm a huge Formula One fan and Lewis is the man! - my bro used to do a fair bit of karting and we'd see Lewis at some of the meetings - he being younger wasn't in my brothers' class (it's done by age and my bro started when he was 17)... Lewis is such a great driver - shame about Bahrain - let's hope he'll be back on top in Barcelona!

Great tools, Chris - looking forward to another video tutorial!

Thanks. I may a have a lil time soon. I'll try to get back to some tutorials.

Yeah, Bahrain, was poo to say the least. Lewis kicks arse, but he still seems to be a bit noobish in his risk management assessments. I'm really excited BMW are all up in it now though. I always love some more comp at the front. I'm proud of Bob Kubs getting on pole. I know he was light on fuel, but not by a ton.

Thanks. I may a have a lil time soon. I'll try to get back to some tutorials.

Yeah, Bahrain, was poo to say the least. Lewis kicks arse, but he still seems to be a bit noobish in his risk management assessments. I'm really excited BMW are all up in it now though. I always love some more comp at the front. I'm proud of Bob Kubs getting on pole. I know he was light on fuel, but not by a ton.

Yeah - the BMWs are coming good and like you said it's great to have more competition rather than just McLaren v Ferrari... Kubica did really well in Bahrain and totally deserved it.

Great news on the tutorials - looking forward to it...

Hi, I was wondering if you still have your CSTools for version 9.5? I seem to have lost my files. :(

Hi Froeman,

Sorry , I can't put my hands on them. I stopped updating the 9.x versions because they got so far behind the 10.x versions. I guess I didn't keep them around on my comp.

Anyone else have them?

will cstools be compatible to r11?

/cheers

I think just about anything built with COFFEE/Xpresso will run on r11 fine.

But I'd bet the farm that as soon as Chirs gets some free time he will likely rebuild CS_Tools to take advantage of r11's new data user interfaces. I think he's got some new tricks to add too.

-m

I think just about anything built with COFFEE/Xpresso will run on r11 fine.

But I'd bet the farm that as soon as Chirs gets some free time he will likely rebuild CS_Tools to take advantage of r11's new data user interfaces. I think he's got some new tricks to add too.

-m

Yeah, but you have a small farm there in Brooklyn ;)

So far the tools work as normal in r11 for me.

Yeah, but you have a small farm there in Brooklyn ;)

So far the tools work as normal in r11 for me.

I'm having an issue as I created the object folder under library, but its not showing up in my objects dropdown.. any idea what I may be doing wrong?

/library/object/*.c4d files..

I'm having an issue as I created the object folder under library, but its not showing up in my objects dropdown.. any idea what I may be doing wrong?

/library/object/*.c4d files..

It's my understanding they discontinued support for the object library in r11. So it's on to the Content Browser.

Hi Chris,

maybe I`m the last one on the planet to discover MoCam (although I had a go at it last year with no luck), but just wanted to say, THANKS (with delay effect).Used the vibrate null and adjusted the properties(great results)...only thing that I`m trying to figure out is DOF....what are the values that is gonna show a proper DOF in relation with the scene scale that you are using?(just curious :)

Do I have to enable DOF from render settings?

Edit: Got it to work somehow(render setup).Does the c4d camera works like a regular camera.80mm lens can show you a DOF in a range of 0.7m/2.25ft - 10m/30ft and after that goes to infinity?

Edit: also love the spring null, boxes and line grow.Those things should come standard with c4d ;)

Edited by stoiqa

Hi Chris,

maybe I`m the last one on the planet to discover MoCam (although I had a go at it last year with no luck), but just wanted to say, THANKS (with delay effect).Used the vibrate null and adjusted the properties(great results)...only thing that I`m trying to figure out is DOF....what are the values that is gonna show a proper DOF in relation with the scene scale that you are using?(just curious :)

Do I have to enable DOF from render settings?

Edit: Got it to work somehow(render setup).Does the c4d camera works like a regular camera.80mm lens can show you a DOF in a range of 0.7m/2.25ft - 10m/30ft and after that goes to infinity?

Edit: also love the spring null, boxes and line grow.Those things should come standard with c4d ;)

Sorry, just now saw this.

Glad you like :)

I'm not overly familiar with the use of DOF with the native renderer. With the little dof work I've done, I've used Zblur or Vray. But the cam works like any other cam. However C4D cams do not remotely work like a physical cam in the real world. The units are all arbitrary. So for example using a real world dof chart won't do you any good at all.

Chris,

You are undermining everything I liked about Maya and supporting everything I hate...C4D is now a must-have.

...oh, and Nick is partially responsible as well.

-gl