Sign in to follow this  
C.Smith

CSTools: Free C4D Goodies

I'm using C4D 11 and there doesn't seem to be an 'Object Library'. How are people using the CS Tools with newer releases... I haven't used C4D for ages and CS Tools even longer...

ffs man, go back a few posts, greyscalegorilla posted a great tutorial about how to use cstools with r11. use your eyes, fool!

First of all, a big thanks and hats off for the great set of free tools you created. Respect!

I am new to 3D and C4D and luckily stumbled on your blog of CSTools.

I am trying to use EasyCam on a project but I can´t get past the stage you describe in the documentation:

So select the _S cam and use your normal cam tools to frame up the beginning of the shot. You'll see there is handy focal length slider in the AM which you can tweak. Once you like your position, you'll need to unlock the _E camera which always rides along with the _S cam until you unmarry them. You'll see the "Lock E to S" tick box is checked, uncheck it. Now select the _E cam. You'll see that it's in the exact same position where you left the _S cam. But now move your _E cam to frame up the end of the shot. Now finally select the third cam and hit play. You'll see it morphs between the 2 positions along with their angles.

Could you direct me to the "Lock E to S" tick box you mention?

Thanks again.

PS

Do you have any online tutorials about this subject available online?

Edited by Arturo Gil

Do you have any online tutorials about this subject available online?

In my Signature is a link to GreyScaleGorilla's tutorials on my tools. Also I demo EasyCam 1and 2, DocuCam, and ActionCam at Siggraph last summer AT THIS LINK.

Chris, I wanted to thank you for your awesome tools. I used your DocuCam in a recent project and with some tweaking, I got some decent first person perspective animation that I was pretty happy with.

Thanks for all you do.

Thanks for the great note :)

If you can ever post what you did I would love to see it.

Wow. Great piece. Thanks for sharing. Love seeing when CS stuff is used. Great use of it as it felt like cloth in water.

Thanks man! We did side by side tests with Flux, c4d Cloth, and Trapcode Form and the agency liked these best. Add some lensflares and some boxblur, you got yourself a stew goin'.

Also used moCam for the moves that didn't come out of maya.

c

Hey Chris,

First off, gotta say love the CS tools, so useful! Thanks for all your work on them.

Now to my question for ya, I've been using DocuCam a lot and everything was working great in r11.5. But, when I open old files in r12 or start new ones in r12 and add a DocuCam camera, it seems all the Zoom/Snap Zoom functionality has been broken. I assume that they changed something in r12 that is messing up the Expresso. Do you or anyone else might know what could of happened?

Thanks

Hey Chris,

First off, gotta say love the CS tools, so useful! Thanks for all your work on them.

Now to my question for ya, I've been using DocuCam a lot and everything was working great in r11.5. But, when I open old files in r12 or start new ones in r12 and add a DocuCam camera, it seems all the Zoom/Snap Zoom functionality has been broken. I assume that they changed something in r12 that is messing up the Expresso. Do you or anyone else might know what could of happened?

Thanks

hmm. interesting. I haven't tried it yet in 12. The snap zooms and turbulence (cam shake) uses coffee inside of coffee xpresso nodes. I'm going to guess that some aspect of the SDK changed that broke it. There's also the issue of dual transforms that changed how you move and rotate objects. That would take me a while to remember what I did and what changed. If you look at the Xpresso, there are 2 nodes to look at. First is the node called 'Turbulence'. Thats a coffee node that i put the noise generating code in. Also in the 'SnapZoom' node. Open it up and look inside. there's some coffee in there as well if you want to look at the SDK and make sure it's correct with r12. One day I'll get to it but I don't have the inclination for a little while :(.

Fast fix, in the SnapZoom node indeed.

It has a COFFEE node containing a few variables set to True and False. Change those into lowercase or 1 and 0 and the zoom / snap zoom is back .

so :

main()
{
if (rnd1>Prob)
{
 if (rnd2>.5) Trigger1 = True; else Trigger1 = False;
if (rnd2<.5) Trigger2 = True; else Trigger2 = False;
}
else 
{
Trigger1 = False;
Trigger2 = False;
}
}

becomes :

main()
{
if (rnd1>Prob)
{
 if (rnd2>.5) Trigger1 = true; else Trigger1 = false;
if (rnd2<.5) Trigger2 = true; else Trigger2 = false;
}
else 
{
Trigger1 = false;
Trigger2 = false;
}
}

or :

main()
{
if (rnd1>Prob)
{
if (rnd2>.5) Trigger1 = 1; else Trigger1 = 0;
 if (rnd2<.5) Trigger2 = 1; else Trigger2 = 0;
}
else 
{
Trigger1 = 0;
Trigger2 = 0;
}
}

cheers,

douwe

thought i'd add that setting them all to uppercase also works btw.

so we can use "true", "TRUE" and "1" but not "True".

i noticed that in most documents and examples on COFFEE Bools have always come all uppercase,

so can i assume that's considered best practice ?

anybody any info from the source on syntax choices ?

d