Sign in to follow this  
C.Smith

CSTools: Free C4D Goodies

Fast fix, in the SnapZoom node indeed.

It has a COFFEE node containing a few variables set to True and False. Change those into lowercase or 1 and 0 and the zoom / snap zoom is back .

Wow. Fantastic work. Yeah, I hope they had a very special reason indeed.

so here is a fixed version ready to go. i renamed the file to distinguish it from the original.

just put it in the folder where you keep your cs-tools.

works with all versions of cinema 4d now.

http://www.mediafire...70o20cewe9ik0gv

chris, maybe you could find 3 minutes to rename it, add it to your cstools, and include it in the zip on circlesofdelusion, so new users download a working version ?

cheers,

douwe

EDIT : i edited and saved the file in 11.5, so it works fine in R12,

but i can imagine it killed compatibility with earlier versions.

Edited by douwe

wow, thanks douwe. That was quick, glad to see it was an easy fix.

thanks again

so here is a fixed version ready to go. i renamed the file to distinguish it from the original.

just put it in the folder where you keep your cs-tools.

works with all versions of cinema 4d now.

http://www.mediafire...70o20cewe9ik0gv

chris, maybe you could find 3 minutes to rename it, add it to your cstools, and include it in the zip on circlesofdelusion, so new users download a working version ?

cheers,

douwe

EDIT : i edited and saved the file in 11.5, so it works fine in R12,

but i can imagine it killed compatibility with earlier versions.

chris,

i'm afraid it's time for another CS_tools update.

apparently CS_Spriticles has the same case sensitivity issue as the cam-tools.

i emailed you a fix.

cheers,

d

Got a new idea for these.

instead of having start frame and duration fields. Just make a slider 0-100% that way it makes it a lot easier to retime animation as you have actual keyframes.

especially for stuff like easy cam.

not sure how it would work for the multi camera sets. but for stuff with just 2 states, would be very dandy. Was trying to use it for a project right now, but resorted to hand animating the cameras because if i need insert anything anywhere and adjust when the camera moves, not very convenient.

cheers,

Aleksey

Edited by vozzz

Got a new idea for these.

instead of having start frame and duration fields. Just make a slider 0-100% that way it makes it a lot easier to retime animation as you have actual keyframes.

especially for stuff like easy cam.

not sure how it would work for the multi camera sets. but for stuff with just 2 states, would be very dandy. Was trying to use it for a project right now, but resorted to hand animating the cameras because if i need insert anything anywhere and adjust when the camera moves, not very convenient.

cheers,

Aleksey

Thanks for the feedback, Aleksey. CSTools generally don't work with C4D after v12 (unless someone feels inclined to fix them all). But I have been programming a complete replacement set of tools for the last 2 years in true code with far more power. Actually, your suggestion is already an option to almost all of the new animated tools so you can choose which method you prefer.

huh?

what you mean they dont work past r12?

why has no one told me? I was just using them in r13... :D

N thanks for all the work. They are a great set of tools :D

Edited by vozzz

huh?

what you mean they dont work past r12?

why has no one told me? I was just using them in r13... :D

N thanks for all the work. They are a great set of tools :D

Maxon completely changed the SplineData class. Most notably killing off the B-spline functions. If it seems to work in r13 so far it's because it's translating the B-spline better to Bezier than it did when I first tested the tools with 13. However it's still translating and you could have serious booboos. Even tools that don't have a SplineDataGUI in the user section are still using SplineDatas in other objects (most notably MoCam). So if it works, great. But you run the risk that you want to change something, then the B-spline translation isn't right and your animation is boned. I had an email campaign to Maxon with some peer support to keep B-splines, but alas, we lost. SO, all my new coded stuff, either doesn't use the SplineData class (because I found raw code for B-spline math to use) OR I re-wrote the code for Bezier OR I use normal 3D B-spline Splines, create them in RAM, read data off of them and then kill them from RAM while the user never sees it exist. Losing B-spline's in the SplineData class was tactically a horrible move on Maxon's part IMO, but alas I'm just a pawn in this game. In my insignificant opinion, Bezier splines are great for drawing shapes, whereas for animation, NOTHING beats B-splines. That's why roto'ing is done with B-splines and not bezier (or what AE calls "Rotosplines").

…But I have been programming a complete replacement set of tools for the last 2 years in true code with far more power…

Your kidding me, two years?

This makes me really curious, do you have a timeframe for release?

A merry sneak peekmas? :-)

Your kidding me, two years?

This makes me really curious, do you have a timeframe for release?

A merry sneak peekmas? :-)

Well, not 2 years working everyday ;) I still have a very busy real job that steals me every once in a while for a few months at a time. But, I've been doing R&D on an idea for a cam system I've wanted to do for a long time. It's very simple to the user (as in it practically animates everything for you) but is very hard to get right in the code as I'm trying to simulate a lot of natural functions of motion. That has been a struggle. I also decided to re-write that all in OOP rather than just crap loads of experimental code which took a while. Then after that I decided IF I'm going to build a whole new set of tools in code, I need to build a custom framework of classes as a foundation for all the tools so that they can all inherit a certain level of features they all share, etc, etc. Then that is taking a long time. Also r13 changing the SplineData class set me back several months as well :( I would guess after I'm interrupted again for a few months here and there I may not have anything out at least until next summer. We'll see.

Wow, this sounds like the script of 2012 :) So you rewrote everything in python? That is indeed spectacular! Can't wait to see this system!

Well, they are true plug-ins as opposed to scripts. I didn't remake everything from CSTools as I'm not trying to tread the same ground too much. I took some parts and made them far better but the rest is all new. And now in code instead of Xpresso so there is far more power and they run extremely efficiently.

Well, they are true plug-ins as opposed to scripts. I didn't remake everything from CSTools as I'm not trying to tread the same ground too much. I took some parts and made them far better but the rest is all new. And now in code instead of Xpresso so there is far more power and they run extremely efficiently.

Awesome. I ran into many problems with xpresso as well. Python is far more powerful. I know it will never happen, but the node-based system with python would be great. (i really like to see what's happening visually) One question: Do you know anything about subframes? And how to utilize it? I tried for a few times now, no luck yet. Thanks!